Paramore Street Team - New Assignment for Upcoming Tour

thebrowncoat

Paramore

Ok, we need serious hard work for this mission. Any teamers going to the tourdates below, I need you to put up posters

everywhere at the venues inside and out.

e-mail me (erick@fueledbyramen.com)

with "Paramore Tour Help" in the subject line. Include your full

name, mailing addy, cell number, and date you are promoting.

w/ Amber Pacific

01/19/2006 Seattle, WA @ Neumo's

01/20/2006 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater

01/22/2006 Oakland, CA @ Oakland Metro

01/23/2006 Fresno, CA @ The Belmont

01/24/2006 Bakersfield, CA @ Montgomery World Plaza

01/26/2006 Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction

01/27/2006 Azusa, CA @ Smart City Grinds

01/28/2006 Las Vegas, NV @ The Alley

01/29/2006 San Diego, CA @ Soma

01/31/2006 Orangevale, CA @ The Boardwalk

02/02/2006 Eugene, OR @ WOW Hall

02/03/2006 Spokane, WA @ Fat Tuesday's

w/ Matchbook Romance & Silverstein

03/01/2006 Baltimore, MD @ Sonar Lounge

03/02/2006 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club

03/04/2006 Norfolk, VA @ The Norva

03/05/2006 Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall

03/07/2006 Myrtle Beach, SC @ House Of Blues

03/08/2006 Orlando, FL @ House Of Blues

03/09/2006 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution

03/10/2006 Tampa, FL @ The Masquerade

*** Participate only if you are willing to get to the shows an hour before doors!

• 2 months later...
i just got my things in the mail today. so tmw. gonna pass around cd's and stuff at school. =) and stickers.

That's kind of funny...on the same day you sent Hayley a package, you got a package of Paramore stuff :)

What'd they send you?

yay. so i passed out lots of cd's and stickers. i was happy

but this girl made me kind of mad. she took the cd, and then saw that there was PATD on there, and she goes EWW. emo music. she throws it to the ground. i was mad. and i was like. ugh. hello you listen to My chemical romance. thats beyond emo music.

garr. i dislike my school. cuase it's like the word "emo" is like "saten" its bad.

theres nothing with emo. and i strongly hate how my school is so agaisnt it.

wow. you wanna know what the definition is of "emo" at my school. gosh. it made me SOOOO MADDDD

in english, we're talking about cliques. then the "jocks/preps/stoner" what ever you call them says that emo is also a clique. so my teacher is all ike whats emo?

then kids started shouting out: guys who wear girl clothes, people who cut themselves, boys who kiss other boys, but arn't gay. HOMOSEXUALS" i was sittign there getting piss. i was like who the heck do you think you are???

gosh. annoying people.

and i don't care how people label paramore. cuase i love them. and to me, they're just music.

according to wikipedia-

emo as a genre of music - includes bands such as weezer, jimmy eat world, death cab for cutie, etc.

the OLD emo as a genre of music referred to the performance, where the vocalist and/or other performers were over dramatic while playing.

emo as a trend - originated in france, includes the black hair over one eye, tighter pants, slip on shoes etc.

my favorite part: EMO MUSIC AND THE EMO TREND ARE COMMONLY MISUNDERSTOOD AS RELATING TO ONE ANOTHER.

yeah.

Emo doesn't mean anything anymore...it means whatever the person saying it wants it to mean, as that wikipedia entry proves :)

It's just a label...and I hate labels being applied to music. Music doesn't have to be labeled and lumped into this box or that box...good music is good music, period.

That's why I always hate when people ask me what kind of music I listen to and I'm always like, ummm, and then I just start naming bands. And, of course, what they wanted was for me to respond with some label or some genre that doesn't really mean anything.

I'll get off my soapbox now :)

what's funny is that all of these 'sub genres' used to actually mean a sound....but they all turn into a label. like punk. punk is also a label for people now.

when i get asked what music i listen to, i either name bands, or if they say 'no i mean what genre' i just say rock. you cant go wrong with rock. its to broad to be a label for anything.

what's funny is that all of these 'sub genres' used to actually mean a sound....but they all turn into a label. like punk. punk is also a label for people now.

when i get asked what music i listen to' date=' i either name bands, or if they say 'no i mean what genre' i just say rock. you cant go wrong with rock. its to broad to be a label for anything.[/quote']

Yep. Everything you say is dead on.