May 14th Marquee Theater

oh my god it was amazing! they told us online not to bring any cameras, and then when we got there they said digital cameras were okay. SO PISSED!! But I managed to get some pics on my phone. I'll type up a review for everyone tomorrow. I just got back. Soooo many stories!! The entire thing was just completely unforgettable, THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!! I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE WHO KNEW FOR A PESSIMIST, I'M PRETTY OPTIMISTIC!!! But anyways, I'll save it for tomorrow, hopefully I'll get some pics up.

you weren't the only one there who knew for a pessimist. i was in the front and 4 people, including myself, knew it.

haha, actually because not that many people knew of them and they're a local band, I have pictures of them mostly lol. I'll try and get them up by either tonight or tomorrow and post all the pictures I got. I got a few good ones of hayley with my phone, some good ones that make Kevin from Quietdrive look crazy, I didn't really get any good ones of this providence :(

But I have to say...bassist and one of the guitarists from The Maine....:hellobaby: hehe, they were definitely the ones I couldn't stop staring at, unfortunately I couldn't get good pics of them either :(

i have pictures of all the guys if you want to see. the bassist's name is Garrett by the way. If you were talking about the guitarist on the right, that's Kennedy, but if you're talking about the one on the left, that's Ryan.

alright, this may be long, but oh well haha.

So I get out of school at 2 and meet up with Remona, her little sister, and my other friend Sarah. We were initially going to leave right after school to my house, eat and then go. But you know how plans go...they change haha. So, already Sarah's tired and pretty out of it. We get there and my brother is trying to get his new Linkin Park cd out of my Oldest brother's car (he got it stuck) and we get inside the house and there is nothing to eat. Also, my oldest brother's girlfriend isn't there yet. So about...half an hour later (we were also waiting for Misery Business to come on...which it did not) girlfriend comes and we decide we are getting food. So we eat, we talk and hang for a bit, and then left for the show around...4:30ish. We got there around 5, and luckily the line wasn't THAT huge, but then I remembered we didn't get the Meet and Greet passes..so it was going to be pretty damn impossible to get to the super front of the stage. But oh well. So we're waiting there for about...an hour and a half since the doors didn't open until about 6:30. They finally told us that digital cameras were okay (while mine was 20 miles away in my room) so I didn't get many good pics, just a few on my camera phone.

The first band that played was The Maine. And for the first time ever hearing them in my life, I have to say they were pretty damn good. The lead singer definitely had the crowd working and everything and in their last song he jumped down and into the crowd and started shaking hands and stuff. He was awesome! I don't know what songs they sang, but they did do a cover of a song by Akon and Snoop Dogg, I Wanna Love You? I HATE akon...and this band had me singing along with them! I have to say they made that song their own and made it good haha.

Now everytime a band transition was happening, the crowd was shifting, so there was this one chick who had bright red hair and was wearing a red tank top, she's amazing cuz she let me and my friend go in front of her because we're short (4'11 is me, and 5 foot is her haha). She's awesome, a drummer and a really really cool chick that I met. Unfortunately I didn't get her name, but oh well, she's part of the Paramore memory forever!

Quietdrive was next, and they were also a really good band. They didn't play my favorite song of theirs "Do You Know" i think it's one of their older songs. But still had a solid set that had a lot of people energetic. But this one stupid chick next to me like timed her attention to the band and then to her friends. She would sing like three lines, and then turn her attention to her friends and then go back and watch the band. DONT GO TO A CONCERT IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO WATCH THE BAND ON STAGE!!! Stupid person. She really annoyed me. And then there was also this really really tall blonde guy who was just standing there and not doing a single thing! This one blonde chick tapped him on the shoulder and was all "Hey! You're really tall and they're really short! Wanna move?" and the guy was all "Sorry that sucks." AND GOT EVEN MORE IN OUR WAY!! Ugh, he was such a meanie. (trying to censor myself haha)

Luckily, Remona had been easesdropping on the people in front of us, and heard them say they were going to leave after Quietdrive (no idea why), so when they left, she grabbed me and we took their spot. Unfortunately for me, there was more fighting against the giants for me to do. While we were waiting for This providence, this one red headed dude in glasses kept trying to push his way in front of me, luckily i stood my ground and didn't let him. And then WHILE this providence was playing this other tall dude with short brown hair kept like, fisting my arm and side, and kneeing me trying to get me out of the way, so I elbowed and kneed him right back. He tried to pull one of those "im just going to stretch and then get my arm in front of you" kinda things, so i shoved my arm right in front of his again.

This Providence was also really really good. They played an amazing set of songs, mixed some older ones with some new ones and had everyone going crazy. They threw a bouquet of flowers into the crowd, I didn't get any cuz I was in the front, but its cool. Then the crowd moved some more and we managed to get only one person away from the railing!

So before Paramore came on, they decided not to play the radio, and instead some spanish music. Which totally had me laughing and I think it could have possibly been a hint from Paramore since there's supposed to be a Mariachi band in one of their songs from the new album? But maybe I'm just super overanalytical haha. So Paramore comes on, and EVERYONE went insane! It was the coolest thing in the world! Me and my friend kept getting shoved around and stuff, but we locked arms, stood our ground and didn't let anyone get past us. We managed to be able to be within arms length of the railing, that was Remona's goal, to be able to touch the railing haha. First was Misery Business, which everyone knew the lyrics too, and I would have been seriously disappointed with the crowd if they hadn't. Then was Emergency and then after she talked to us. She was talking about how hot everywhere in arizona is. And someone shouted "Because we're so sexy!" and I shouted to her "YOU ROCK!! YOU'RE AMAZING!!" But seriously, our crowd was kinda pathetic. Either they were big ass jerks or just stood there and did nothing. So then they jumped into Brighter, Here We Go Again, and All We Know. Everyone was moving around, trying to get past us and just being insane people. It was soooo much fun!! I'm not sure what it was that Hayley said here, oh! She started to talk about Riot! and was wondering whether we knew what it was and stuff. She then pointed the mic to us and said "If you know what the name is, scream it as loud as you can," and only a pitiful amount of people in the front yelled it, and Hayley was all "Okay, that was just a little sad. I'll give you guys a hint...It's on my shirt, so let's try this again people. Scream it as loud as you can," and so we all did and it was a lot better. Then they played Let This Go and Hallelujah. I was singing with every song as loud as I could, I'm pretty sure I may have annoyed some people but oh well, i was there to have the time of my life and I totally did. And then Hayley talked again, she asked if any of us had brought recording devices...and like five people (including myself) raised their hands. And she was all "that's it? Really? Did they tell you guys not to bring them?" and a few people said yeah. so then she said "Well, I hope I don't get you guys in trouble for this, but I want you all to take them out because by the time we get to California, I want them to have these lyrics memorized. And if you guys do get in trouble, just send us the videos!" and then I screamed "FOR A PESSIMIST I'M PRETTY OPTIMISTIC!!!" and then hayley was all "this is a new song from the album, it's called For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic!!" and they started the song. NO ONE KNEW THE LYRICS AND BARELY ANYONE DANCED TO IT. I was thinking to myself "seriously guys? You haven't memorized the lyrics or anything? You guys make me sad!" but I was jumping around, dancing, screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs. It was the greatest feeling in the world. So after Pessimist, they sang Whoa and My Heart. Both songs got the crowd riled up all over again. So when they left the stage everyone started to scream 'ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG!" so after about, 10 chants of that, they came back and sent us all on cloud 9 going insane and screaming and jumping and everything. So Hayley comes back to the mic and says "You guys just want one more?" and everyone's still screaming and cheering as loud as possible, and then Hayley says "Well I hate to disappoint but...we want to give you guys two more!" and everyone went even louder and crazier than before! Hayley then said "We wrote this song for you guys, so if you all better be singing along,". Born For This starts and I'm already drenched in sweat, and my voice is already gone but I'm singing and screaming as much as I possibly can anyways. This song was amazing, she let us sing with her for a bit even though we had a small crowd and not everyone knew the lyrics. And then the lead singer from The Maine jumped out from the stage and started crowd surfing during Pressure. In which he kicked me in the face, IT WAS AWESOME! Also during Pressure I got almost smashed by two other crowd surfers and elbowed in the head and my glasses got knocked off through most of the song. So the last 40 seconds I managed to put back on my glasses and see what was going on. When they finished, everyone dispersed and I went back and found everyone we had lost. Then I remembered the set list so me and Remona ran back up to stage and started screaming "CAN WE HAVE THE SET LIST!? IS THERE ONE LEFT!?" but the guy didn't say anything but he walked up to an amp, ripped one off and gave it to me. I was so excited!

Items gathered: Two emergency Paramore posters, two stickers, a Quietdrive CD and a red Paramore shirt.

Overall: The greatest night of my life, all the stuff that happened through out was totally worth seeing Paramore live and everything. Including getting smashed, kicked in the face, and elbowed in various areas of the body. Every bit was worth seeing Paramore and singing my lungs out along with them!

My friends and i didn't watch quietdrive. we did what those people by you did. we would watch and then talk. sorry, but i just don't really like quietdrive that much, plus i've seen them multiple times already.

Also, a lot of people didn't know For a Pessimist, because not everyone goes on Youtube and watches that stuff before the show. They didn't know that one song, it's not really a big deal, especially since it's from the new cd.

Also, I'm pretty sure John stage dove during Whoa, not Pressure. I could be wrong though.

where were you standing?

you weren't the only one there who knew for a pessimist. i was in the front and 4 people, including myself, knew it.

oh sorry! I wasn't all the way at the front so I couldn't tell if anyone else knew it. Everyone who was around me didn't know it so I made an inaccurate assumption. Sorry!

My friends and i didn't watch quietdrive. we did what those people by you did. we would watch and then talk. sorry, but i just don't really like quietdrive that much, plus i've seen them multiple times already.

Also, a lot of people didn't know For a Pessimist, because not everyone goes on Youtube and watches that stuff before the show. They didn't know that one song, it's not really a big deal, especially since it's from the new cd.

Also, I'm pretty sure John stage dove during Whoa, not Pressure. I could be wrong though.

where were you standing?

i was more towards the middle and a few people behind the railing. It may have been during whoa, I'm probably wrong cuz I was just trying to get as much stuff out at once and wasn't really thinking about what i was exactly typing. Because I know there was some crowd surfers during pressure and a few songs before, I just wasn't sure exactly which song it was he jumped in.

pictures of the maine:

100_7675.jpg

100_7676.jpg

100_7677.jpg

100_7679.jpg

100_7680.jpg

100_7681.jpg

100_7682.jpg

100_7683.jpg

100_7685.jpg

100_7687.jpg

100_7688.jpg

100_7689.jpg

100_7694.jpg

100_7699.jpg

100_7700.jpg

100_7702.jpg

100_7705.jpg

100_7707.jpg

100_7709.jpg

if you saw him come down during the last song and let some people sing, that was me and my two friends. also if you saw him bring down one of his friends water, that was also me.

pictures of the maine:

100_7675.jpg

100_7676.jpg

100_7677.jpg

100_7679.jpg

100_7680.jpg

100_7681.jpg

100_7682.jpg

100_7683.jpg

100_7685.jpg

100_7687.jpg

100_7688.jpg

100_7689.jpg

100_7694.jpg

100_7699.jpg

100_7700.jpg

100_7702.jpg

100_7705.jpg

100_7707.jpg

100_7709.jpg

if you saw him come down during the last song and let some people sing, that was me and my two friends. also if you saw him bring down one of his friends water, that was also me.

BOO. I'm jealous. haha these are great pics.