The Manchester Orchestra

GibbyPhills

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest venue I've seen Manchester Orchestra in was a not even half filled 600 capacity venue. I seen them play a 300 capacity hall then a 200-odd capacity room above a pub a little over a week ago. 1900 is huge compared to each of those. I wasn't saying the venue itself is huge considering I've been to venues much larger but that for seeing MO, it's a huge venue. It's why I didn't go see them support KOL in late '07. Not interested in seeing them in a 12000 capacity arena for an extortionate value. They're much better in a more intimate situation.

Like I said, 1900 is the second biggest Glasweigan venue. After that it's our Academy. Then you're into arenas and stadiums. So for up here, playing two nights there is pretty big.

And you were complaining about intimacy when TBS got moved yet now you've just admitted it's still more intimate than most venues you've been to. :lol:

Just cause they're 5000 doesn't make them any less of a venue considering they're neither a stadium nor arena. ;-)

suppose now is an opportune time to tell you that the SYG support is The Season Finale (Formerly Scratch Card Junkie).