The Manchester Orchestra

GibbyPhills

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well feel free to let her speak to me. I have a 6 yr old sister that I babysit regularly when my parents are at home- I take her out, no problems. I go to boarding school since I was 7- I've pretty much been self sustained. I assure you, I'm one of the most responsible guys my age you'd meet. I don't smoke, do drugs or stupid shit, so I won't be getting you high!!

If you wanna go, just consider it.

• 1 month later...

The Dykeenies eight times, You Me At Six six times, Brand New five times, Kevin Devine five times and that's about it. Except for loads on three and two times but there's not point in listing them. I see lots of bands, but I never really see bands lots of times.

The Dykeenies eight times, You Me At Six six times, Brand New five times, Kevin Devine five times and that's about it. Except for loads on three and two times but there's not point in listing them. I see lots of bands, but I never really see bands lots of times.

I seriously hate you so much.

Kevin was playing in Seattle like, a week after Manchester and my friend wanted to see Manchester more than Kevin... So we saw them instead. Gosh, I love that man so much.

I seriously hate you so much.

You'll hate me more when I tell you it'll be seven times this time next week haha,

The most I've seen a band is 5 times but I'm 3 years younger than both of you, and I'm seeing them at least twice a year atm, so.. yeah

I'm four years older than you. I've only properly being going to gets since 2008 though. 2005 and 2006 were pretty shitty and 2007 wasn't exactly numerous either.

Yes, it was. I need to start proof reading haha.

Well you stay beside the biggest gig centre in the UK, saying you can't go anywhere other than London is a moot point considering it's rare a tour ever skips London. You'll soon be able to start going yourself anyway, so that should solve that problem.

As much as I agree with MO being small, saying Brand New is small is a bit silly considering this past tour was in venues of capacity 2000-3000 and they sold out all four shows within an hour of going on sale.

Yeah, I get that, but Reading isn't :lol: Nobody ever comes to Reading :( TBS is skipping London ;-) and also, it's more the fact my dad complains about having to take me, and I rarely go with mates seeing as they don't listen to the kind of music I do, as we've already discussed :lol:

Plus I think two people in my school has heard of Brand New.. so they may be big to you, but not for me :P

Yeah, I get that, but Reading isn't :lol: Nobody ever comes to Reading :( TBS is skipping London ;-) and also, it's more the fact my dad complains about having to take me, and I rarely go with mates seeing as they don't listen to the kind of music I do, as we've already discussed :lol:

Plus I think two people in my school has heard of Brand New.. so they may be big to you, but not for me :P

You have Reading fest and bands always play one-offs around the fest. Hence why I said "rare" not "it never happens". Public transport? Go yourself?

Two people in my school had heard of Brand New too, it doesn't mean they are any less big.

You have Reading fest and bands always play one-offs around the fest. Hence why I said "rare" not "it never happens". Public transport? Go yourself?

Two people in my school had heard of Brand New too, it doesn't mean they are any less big.

Not allowed to go to RF this year :( And they don't play them in Reading. BN aren't as big as they need to be for me to be allowed to go then :P

To be honest Ross, I'm surprised you've only properly been seeing bands since last year. Your resume is quite impressive for only going for that long.

I've been going to shows consistently since about 07.... but it definitely had picked up a quite bit over the years. Now that I'm older my dad is more accepting of my music lifestyle, haha.