SUPER NINTENDO (SNES)

hayleh

okay, so i whipped out my old super nintendo from the cupboard. it had always worked and stuff, but i plugged it all in proper to the telly.. and nothing happened.

i went though all the channels, but they were just showing up normal. channel 4 was grey though, without picture, and then i realised the DONKEY KONG theme was playing.. so the computer is obviously working, but it's just not showing up on the screen.

i did that searching for signal thing like 8 times, and it's not making a difference. it's driving me nuts man cause i'm dying to play this. i've had such a craving for days.

anyone have idea what's up wi it? if not, does anyone have one? how amazing were they man :D

ooh, i loved the thing.

( lol @ my daft "off-topic" threads by the way. they always get well ignored )

i don't have an AV button on my remote :( (i don't think)

i'm sure i didn't use to have to press AV or anything. if i remember right.. it used to just start up on the screen as soon as i turned the power on, but it's acting all jobby.

oh I love my snes *thinks*

do you have a connector thing that takes one wire from the tv into the top connection and then one from the aerial and one from the nintendo at the bottom?

Im sure thats explained in perfectly fluent nonsense :???:

there's always the good old blow the cartridge..or check all the wires and make sure they are all in properly..my friends wouldnt work and we had the sound but no visuals and poking the wires fixed it

hope you get it working =)

i don't have an AV button on my remote :( (i don't think)

i'm sure i didn't use to have to press AV or anything. if i remember right.. it used to just start up on the screen as soon as i turned the power on, but it's acting all jobby.

If I remember correctly, the first gen (box type) SNES came with an antenna plug instead of A/V jacks. Antenna jacks usually go on channel 3, try that.

If I remember correctly, the first gen (box type) SNES came with an antenna plug instead of A/V jacks. Antenna jacks usually go on channel 3, try that.

i don't have an antenna :( it didn't come with one. it's sort of flickering and the screen goes grey on channel 4, and i can hear the music from the game playing, but the picture just won't show up. it's so irritating.