ska anyone?

marcometer

Anyone listen to ska? Ska was the very first genre of music I got into. I was about 11 in 1995 and I first got into a band called Less Than Jake (for some that don't know, Vinne the drummer, co-founded Fulled By Ramen). Then by 1996 was The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and a year later was Reel Big Fish. After the first time I skanked at a Bosstones show, I was hooked and never looked back. My favorite ska bands are:

Suburban Legends

Reel Big Fish (Ive seen Hayley wearing RBF shirt in some pics :))

Less Than Jake

Mustard Plug

Big D And The Kids Table

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

The Planet Smashers

The Toasters

Westbound Train

Madness

The Specials

Buck O Nine

Catch 22

Streetlight Manifesto

Voodoo Glowskulls

and Mad Caddies

Those are just the top ones, but you name the ska band, chances are I know who they are, even some local ones. But it sucks now cause the genre is considered "dead". Its just not the same, there are hardly and on the Warped Tour now, plus the "big" bands rarley play in large venues (except for LTJ and RBF). Well, I guess I'll just have to wait for the 4th wave, it's comming soon, I know it.

On the bright side, Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish are on a co-headlining tour and bringing along Streetlight Manifesto & Against All Authority. This is pretty much the BIGGEST ska-punk tour since the late 90's. They are comming to my town August 4th and I already declaring it "Show of the Year". Some shows have even sold out, which is good, since I already have my ticket. Plus Reel Big Fish is getting some radio play in California with "Party Down" off their new album Monkeys For Free And Chimps For Nothin'.

Anyway just wondering if there are ska kids out there, we're a rare breed. Or at least hoping there are some people out there who at least know how to skank or at least own a ska album. ANYBODY?