Zolof The Rock & Roll Destroyer (Anthony Green's old band)

marcometer

Zolof is awesome. Back in the day it was Anthony Green's old band and was the vocalist for their first album. But when he left singer, Rachel Minton took over vocals. It's really hard to describe their sound, it's like fun synth pop-rock, they call it "spunk rock". They were also finalists on the MTV2 Mountain Dew Circuit Break Out Band contest thingy, they were beaten by Halifax. Zolof also toured with Reel Big Fish (one the best bands out there period, ska is NOT dead), they also put out a split EP with RBF called "Duet All Night Long" . Rachel also sang the girl part for RBF's song, She Has A Girlfriend Now (if you never heard of the song, then you must not have remembered 1997) on tour and on their Live DVD. Zolof is currently touring with one of my other favorite bands of all time, Suburban Legends on their Summer Crush Tour. I saw them a couple of days ago. I met Rachel and Vince from the band. Rachel is the cutest thing ever, you just want to pick her up and squeeze the life out of her. Anyway check them out, you can't go wrong with song like Argh Im A Pirate, here's the music video for that song:

here's some pics I took of them from when I saw them open for Suburban Legends:

zolof1.jpg

Rachel

zolof2.jpg

Matt, but for some reason I want to call him Ben

mezolof.jpg

me with Rachel and Vince.

Anyone else like'em, what's your favorite songs? Mine are Argh I'm A Pirate and EVERY song on their spilt EP (cover songs) with Reel Big Fish, it's like a ska-synth-pop-rock eargasm.

XD I was about to make this thread. I FREAKIN LOVE THEM! *shuts up*

Yeah I'm going to see them on the 19th =D

How long did they play for/how long was the concert? idk I haven't really listened to Suburban Legends, Patent Pending, and Jet Lag Gemini much, so if I get bored I'll probably just leave lol

XD I was about to make this thread. I FREAKIN LOVE THEM! *shuts up*

Yeah I'm going to see them on the 19th =D

How long did they play for/how long was the concert? idk I haven't really listened to Suburban Legends, Patent Pending, and Jet Lag Gemini much, so if I get bored I'll probably just leave lol

Yeah if you have never seen Suburban Legends before, I would stay. Probably one of the most entertaining bands around. Eventhough they really drifted away from their ska roots and have gone more towards a pop-rock/ funk sound, they still are awesome! Patent Pending is also insane, they have a very good stage presence and know how to work the crowd, and are funny guys "waffles and ice cream". Jet Lag I really didnt care for, I just thought their stuff was mediocre. Zolof went 2nd to last and their set was about 30 or 40 mins. But be sure to stick around for Suburban Legends, you dont' want to miss them.