i cant be the only one....

jtrosper

yeahh thats what i was so scared of. thats why i held out for three years before telling the person i like[d]. but like i said. he turned out to like me back as well..but the timing was just too late.

but if you're in a position where the girl/boy doesnt have anyone. then def go for it. cuz you truly will regret it in the future. i know i did.

Yeh it really really sucks, but fuck it what am i gonna do now...hopefully my depression blows over soon cause this sucks.

what happened with your situation?

I went through the same exact situation when I was 17 (I'm 21 now). My head was saying that having her as a good friend is more than enough, but my heart said that I deserve to at least have a chance to fight for what I feel. I went with my heart. During a Christmas party we both went to, I surprised everyone (except for my bandmates who were in on the plan with me) by playing Crazy for You (a Madonna original, except we did it with half- step down tuned and distorted guitars, and a pounding rhythm line). And at the end of the song, I turned to her and told her that I was crazy for her, always have been.

She walked out.

And I was left standing in the middle of the room, dumbfounded, confused, and dazed. Everyone (who wasn't in on the surprise) was asking me questions, but I seriously spaced out thinking, "What the f*ck did I just do?"

She apologized the next day through a text message for walking out, but it was never the same again after that, I'd feel the tension everytime we were in the same room or near each other. And within less than a year, we were friends no more, just casual aquaintances. Surprising her in front of everyone might not have been the best idea, but that's already in the past, and what's there should stay there. I regret it, but I've move on from it.

Bottom line, you gotta weigh your options and play your cards right. Going gung-ho and leaving yourself wide open when you confess your love might seem like a romantic idea that's movie- ready, but reality will most probably smack you so hard when you realize that life doesn't always imitate art, and there's always the risk of it turning out good or bad. Risk isn't always a bad thing, you just have to be prepared if ever you take it, 'cause on one side you might never know what might have been if you don't go for it, and on the other side it might be something that you'll regret later on and never be able to take back. If ever you do go for it, break it to her slowly and gently, this is not what surprises should be made of.

Ponder on what you really want before you take the plunge, that has got to be the only advice I can give you.

I went through the same exact situation when I was 17 (I'm 21 now). My head was saying that having her as a good friend is more than enough, but my heart said that I deserve to at least have a chance to fight for what I feel. I went with my heart. During a Christmas party we both went to, I surprised everyone (except for my bandmates who were in on the plan with me) by playing Crazy for You (a Madonna original, except we did it with half- step down tuned and distorted guitars, and a pounding rhythm line). And at the end of the song, I turned to her and told her that I was crazy for her, always have been.

She walked out.

And I was left standing in the middle of the room, dumbfounded, confused, and dazed. Everyone (who wasn't in on the surprise) was asking me questions, but I seriously spaced out thinking, "What the f*ck did I just do?"

She apologized the next day through a text message for walking out, but it was never the same again after that, I'd feel the tension everytime we were in the same room or near each other. And within less than a year, we were friends no more, just casual aquaintances. Surprising her in front of everyone might not have been the best idea, but that's already in the past, and what's there should stay there. I regret it, but I've move on from it.

Bottom line, you gotta weigh your options and play your cards right. Going gung-ho and leaving yourself wide open when you confess your love might seem like a romantic idea that's movie- ready, but reality will most probably smack you so hard when you realize that life doesn't always imitate art, and there's always the risk of it turning out good or bad. Risk isn't always a bad thing, you just have to be prepared if ever you take it, 'cause on one side you might never know what might have been if you don't go for it, and on the other side it might be something that you'll regret later on and never be able to take back. If ever you do go for it, break it to her slowly and gently, this is not what surprises should be made of.

Ponder on what you really want before you take the plunge, that has got to be the only advice I can give you.

great advice man thanks.

She walked out.

That was great advice man, perfectly worded. My friend wanted to do the same thing last year to show how much he liked this girl. I convinced him not to do it. You're right; it doesn't usually end up like it does in the movies.

The only real thing to do in a situation like this is be happy that you have that person in your life to begin with. If you truly love her, it shouldn't really matter whether she knows it or not just as long as she's happy. If they do break up, then that's when you should slowly break it to you. The thing is it's gonna hurt(a lot). Sadly that's how the world works.

yeah that same kinda thing happened to me. there was this guy who i was best friends with for years, then for like a year and a half or so i really liked him, but i never made it obvious or so he could tell. and this whole time he wasn't with anyone, but i was too shy about it to go up and talk to him, which i regret now, then i stopped liking him and started swinging the other way. now its the same way with this chick, but she's straight so i wont ever have a chance with her. so basically, just go up and talk to him. and even if he's moving, you could still have something for a little while, and theres always that chance of him not moving.