DC Show

thebrowncoat

I'll post more later when I'm awake, but suffice it to say, the band sounded better than ever last night. They sound better every time I see them.

The 9:30 Club is not a venue with a lot of room for merch tables or hanging out, so I didn't get to see much of the band. Josh recognized me while I was standing in line waiting to get in and I talked to him later out by the van. I talked to Hayley for a few minutes while they were signing stuff back by the merch table - I asked her where her lock necklace had gone (I noticed she wasn't wearing it for the first time I'd ever seen) and she said it broke on their last tour and she couldn't fix it. She told me she still had her ring though and showed me the ring she's been wearing on her right hand...but I didn't get a chance to ask her why it was so special to her...

Anyway, I got Hayley, Zac and Josh to sign my iPod (Hunter and Jeremy were hard to find...I only saw them once all night), which they seemed to think was very cool. In my mind, why buy a U2 iPod when I can get a personalized Paramore iPod? :) Anyway, I think I'm now permanently identified by them as the guy who let them sign his iPod...Josh even told me again how cool it was as I was talking to them by the van...

They played the usuals - All We Know, Whoa, Emergency, Here We Go Again, Pressure and My Heart. And sounded damn good.

Still, wish I'd had more time to chat with them...it's just not a venue that's really conducive to that...and it was so cold outside that the band spent most of the time in the van when they were outside...Hayley was in there on her laptop cuddled up with blankets and a pillow while I was talking to Josh :)

Anyway, great night. Great show. I've got some pictures...not sure how good they are, but I'll get them to Diego for posting later today...

Yeah - I couldn't hear everything she was saying - it was LOUD and my ears were ringing :), but she said it broke on the last tour and she tried to fix it and she couldn't...but that she still had her ring, which she didn't have back when they were on Warped (or something like that.)

Anyway, she acted like the ring and the necklace were connected...maybe her grandmother gave her both of them? (if that story about the necklace is true...)

Yeah, I wanted to ask her why the ring was so special, but I never got the chance. Maybe someone else can find out at another show...or if I go on the 4th, I'll see if I can ask her then...

It's a pretty ring. Although I do miss the necklace (but then, so does Hayley.)

Yeah i went to the DC show and talked with them for a couple minutes but i was kinda disappointed that there wasnt more room to chill and talk with them. oh well next time. i forgot my camera so im sad cuz i dont have many pics my friend took one pic of me w/ them but still....:(

Yeah i went to the DC show and talked with them for a couple minutes but i was kinda disappointed that there wasnt more room to chill and talk with them. oh well next time. i forgot my camera so im sad cuz i dont have many pics my friend took one pic of me w/ them but still....:(

Yeah...they weren't doing much chilling and talking anyway with Hayley being sick. At the show at the Nation (the one they played with Simple Plan), they hung out forever after the show...so wait until Warped when they're feeling better and I bet you'll have a better time talking to them :)

Yeah i was at the nations show and chilled with them for a while. that was awesome :) definitely will be going to warpd this summer so hopefully i'll see them there

Heh - I bet I saw you at Nation and 9:30 and still have no idea who you are :)