what's your front-row battlescar story?

DeliriumTrigger

i was just thinking about this today.

(since i'm clearly stoked about the austin date i'm going to in like 12 days)

i've never been in the front row at a paramore show before.

the closest i've gotten is like 6-7 rows behind the front on the right side. and i still got smashed pretty bad up there :/

but i wanna know more about the "front-row" paramore experience.

because i'm thinking about if i should try to be in the front when i see them on the 18th.

how was your front-row paramore show experience? (if you had one)

did you endure any pain or injuries? and was it still well worth it?

what advice would you give to someone who hasn't been in the front before?

The front row is definitely rough but it is sooooo worth it. I have been front row at almost every Paramore show that I have been to and they have all been different. Probably the worst was when I saw them in Vegas at the House of Blues. I bought the meet and greet so I got to be in the venue before anyone else. I was excited because I got to be front and center...yeah, not such a good idea. Some chicks behind me really wanted front so they started by kicking the back of my legs. When that didn't work, they started pinching the bottom of my arms hard enough to bruise them to get to the barricade. When that still didn't work, they started pulling my hair as hard as they could. When that STILL didn't work, they started punching me in the back of the head as hard as they could. One girl had a ring on so it hurt pretty bad. When that still didn't work, they noticed that the back of my shirt was signed by Paramore so they started pulling at my shirt trying to rip it so that's when I had to get away. There was no way my signed Paramore shirt was going to get ruined because someone wanted the front row. In that case, they can have the front row.

Anyway, that was the worst front row experience at a Paramore show. Usually though, there is just a lot of pushing and being smashed against the barricade which is actually better than being smashed between 4 people. I was front row in Denver on Nov. 4 (pics and videos will be up soon!!!) and it wasn't bad at all really. There was a lot of shifting and pushing but it wasn't that bad. If you haven't been up front for a Paramore show, I highly recommend it because it is just amazing.

As far as advice, I would just tell you to be prepared to be a little sore in the morning from being smashed against the barricade but to tell you the truth, my neck hurts worse from headbanging so much more than anything. Also, if you want to be safe up front, I usually go to Josh's side of the stage because Hayley works her way over to both sides of the stage. Everyone and their grandmother are trying to get front and center because they think that it is going to get them that much closer to Hayley but she comes to both sides plus you get to watch Josh play his awesome solos (or you can go to Jeremy's/Taylor's side for the same effect). People get angry when they can't get to their Hayley. Don't go to the front alone either. Make sure you have friends on both sides of you (all around you is better though) (and if you didn't go to the show with any friends, make friends with the people all around you). They will give you more protection from the pushing. So, that's what I have. It's long and if you read this whole thing, you're cool :mrgreen: . Have fun up front, it is completely worth it!

in nashville when they played with FF5 was a nitemare. I ended up hating that band cause of the wild crowd. that barrier wasnt too good I guess if I got bruises all up my arms and all over my stomach area. like really big bruises. it got to the point where I couldnt even scream "STOP" when I was pushed against the barricade. rough stuff.

The front row is definitely rough but it is sooooo worth it. I have been front row at almost every Paramore show that I have been to and they have all been different. Probably the worst was when I saw them in Vegas at the House of Blues. I bought the meet and greet so I got to be in the venue before anyone else. I was excited because I got to be front and center...yeah, not such a good idea. Some chicks behind me really wanted front so they started by kicking the back of my legs. When that didn't work, they started pinching the bottom of my arms hard enough to bruise them to get to the barricade. When that still didn't work, they started pulling my hair as hard as they could. When that STILL didn't work, they started punching me in the back of the head as hard as they could. One girl had a ring on so it hurt pretty bad. When that still didn't work, they noticed that the back of my shirt was signed by Paramore so they started pulling at my shirt trying to rip it so that's when I had to get away. There was no way my signed Paramore shirt was going to get ruined because someone wanted the front row. In that case, they can have the front row.

Anyway, that was the worst front row experience at a Paramore show. Usually though, there is just a lot of pushing and being smashed against the barricade which is actually better than being smashed between 4 people. I was front row in Denver on Nov. 4 (pics and videos will be up soon!!!) and it wasn't bad at all really. There was a lot of shifting and pushing but it wasn't that bad. If you haven't been up front for a Paramore show, I highly recommend it because it is just amazing.

As far as advice, I would just tell you to be prepared to be a little sore in the morning from being smashed against the barricade but to tell you the truth, my neck hurts worse from headbanging so much more than anything. Also, if you want to be safe up front, I usually go to Josh's side of the stage because Hayley works her way over to both sides of the stage. Everyone and their grandmother are trying to get front and center because they think that it is going to get them that much closer to Hayley but she comes to both sides plus you get to watch Josh play his awesome solos (or you can go to Jeremy's/Taylor's side for the same effect). People get angry when they can't get to their Hayley. Don't go to the front alone either. Make sure you have friends on both sides of you (all around you is better though) (and if you didn't go to the show with any friends, make friends with the people all around you). They will give you more protection from the pushing. So, that's what I have. It's long and if you read this whole thing, you're cool :mrgreen: . Have fun up front, it is completely worth it!

I think I was pretty close to you at the Denver show then, I was right behind the people on the barricades towards Josh's side. After all that shifting and pushing I got shoved into the 5th and 6th row :nono:.

I think I was pretty close to you at the Denver show then, I was right behind the people on the barricades towards Josh's side. After all that shifting and pushing I got shoved into the 5th and 6th row :nono:.

You were probably close to me then. That's cool! There was so much pushing there. I got lucky that I didn't get pushed back into a different row. 5th and 6th row still isn't bad though.