London Islington Academy anyone going?

EmOJuNkiE1612

it is that venue which is great its really small and intimate and if you are short you can stand on the benches round the sides lol, thats what i did, altho im not really short it was a great view tho :)

http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage_garage.asp?PageID=358

this is the website but it says it has a johnny thunders tribut night on ?

• 3 weeks later...

Did u get your tickets off seetickets.com or gigsandtours.com (same site but different layout) ?

It says there, "When: SATURDAY, 22/04/2006, doors at 19:30, starts at 19:30 " but on the tix says 6pm.. which must b doors, so obviously the doors time on the website was wrong.

Thing is tho im told it shouldnt start till 7.30 but then the islington acadamy website says 7-10pm..

Would b better if they all wrote down the same time... :???:.

Do u think it'll b ok if i get there 7.20 ? cos even if it starts from 7.. which im told by seetickets it shouldn't.. i'd expect it would b just the support bands .. cos it says special guests too.

i got mine from seetickets, and my tickets say 6pm which is the doors opening time , there are four band playing and drive by are headlining who are great i saw them support my chemical romance, but by the looks of the way the bill is written out paramore will be on 3rd which means your time would be ok but if they end up going on first you are gona miss the beggining

I had a listen to driveby on the purevolume website, they seem alright. Should be good i expect.. like paramore :).

Well if u go with the start time on carling acad. website of 7.. then if i got there 7.20 ur saying i might miss 20 mins of the first band ?

Usually they start an hour after doors but they have got a lot of bands to fit in with supports (dunno if thats just the blackout or not).

Maybe i'll see if i can leave work earlier and get there 5 mins after 7.

EDIT: Got an email from Acadamy Music Group - They say all stagetimes as accurately as they know them are on their website ( http://www.islington-academy.co.uk) - and also said specific stagetimes are usually on there a week before the show. So must be 7pm start.

• 2 weeks later...

the fourth band are called "the honourary title" or something like that.. the last train baxck to where i live leaves at 11.04 i plan to leave straight after paramore so anyone know if they'll be on first or something?

i hope the 10 pm curfew is kept to cos i have to get that train.. although i guess it kinda has to be bearing in mind theres something else on at the academy at 10.30

anyone wanna meet me and beat up anyone who attacks me ?