What does Paramore mean to you?

seeglenrun

f you had to objectively analyze (as objectively as you could) why you liked Paramore, or why you listened to them, what would you say? How does that compare to how you feel about other bands? I'm really interested in hearing other people's stories/analysis of this, please answer, even if it's only a sentence or two... Thanks all!

Well, I think they're amazing people for acheiving great success, being so young and all, and they're talented of course, able to play instruments and contribute to the world with their music. They're also very creative and have good imagination with their lyrical and musical production - especially with songs like Emergency and Misery Business, you can fully see the emotion.

They're also fairly chilled out...(apart from Josh from what I've seen, he's quiet, but inside he has strong emotions and it can get to him, this break is an example, especially with NFG dedicating their cover of 'Pressure' to him, not speculating or anything, but from what we can see, he's the most emotional and sensitive, he reminds me of myself actually. Not a bad thing, I love him dearly, he's my fave along with Hayley and you all know that. I think he's really sexy too, yum, don't you love that? :P hehehehe...), they're good kids, they have faith too, which is always a good thing, especially in cases where they're having a bad time, they have our blessing, we can keep them in our prayers like Hayley asks us to, and another thing is that they do give back to their fans...read on....

Us fans get worried about the slightest rumor we hear, so it's great they have a LiveJournal, I love to know what's going on, it makes me happy to see Hayley writing to the public, she reassures us and talks to everyone who reads like we're close friends of hers or something.

Plus, from the videos I've seen (haven't been to a concert yet), they're great performers live. Who needs that lip sync shit? True musicians don't need backing, they do it themselves. ;-) Again, Hayley has an amazing voice and I love it that she's able to play the keyboard/piano. :D

Overall, they're a great band, personally and musically, so that's why I became attracted to them and decided to join a forum.

(answer to 'comparing with other bands')

That's what I do with bands I'm really interested in. There aren't that many that give me that feeling too, so Paramore are definitely something to check out, even if it's not the type you're not usually into.

The only other bands or artists I've taken great interest into are the Chemical Brothers (Remember the song Galvanize? You must have heard of them, they're awesome to the max), the Pussycat Dolls (who I've made over 100 graphics of, own a fansite for and I actively post in 3 different forums about them) and Paul van Dyk (he's one of the world's best DJs and I just enjoy his music greatly.) I would also say Fall Out Boy to a certain extent cause they're cute and most of their songs are fun to listen to. They're crazy and I like watching their interviews/performances.

wow that was very long ^ but very very good. Oh goodness, where to start. Hmm... Well, for one I love the fact that they are so young so I can relate to them and that makes a big part of it! And I love the fact that they came from a small, kinda unnoticed town, it gives me some kinda hope that maybe I'll make it out of my small town someday. They are all so down to earth, and they have never got big headed or snotty at all. They are lyrical geniuses and the music that they put together compliments hay's voice so very well. And they are HILLBILLY PROUD. They are so proud of where they came from which is a part of there great morals. And I absolutely love love love the fact they don't drink or smoke or show skin. They are just themselves and I adore that. And as for other bands, there are very few that compare to the live performances of Paramore. Just an amazing band over all, and they have so much more coming for them

I had something longer but my computer deleted it :(

In a WAY generalized explanation I would have to say that they basically mean the world to me. I guess the fact that they are all roughly around my age has a big impact. I LOVE Hayley's voice and I think that the emotion in her voice goes along extremely well with the music the dudes play. I can also listen to their songs every day and not get sick of them. In fact I HAVE to listen to them every day haha.

It sounds lame but they basically write the soundtrack to my life haha. And their live shows are incredible!

PARAMORE = <3

What does Paramore mean to me?...i think it's short...EVERYTHING <3 seriously,haha...my fave band ever...i've never loved any band or anything this much like them..i must listen to them everyday...and if i missed only one day there would be some withdrawal symptom at me lol...i LOVE their songs,the lyrics,the meanings of the lyrics...often,they can totally describe my feelings or mood...and i love Hayley's voice...the best EVER..nothing compares to them <333 they're the best ever and that's all [:

for me paramore means alot. i havent ever really been this amazed or intrigued by a band ever. its like as soon as i put AWKIF in it just didnt come out of my cd player. i just love that they are alot like me, they are just regular people who happen to be in a kickass band. they are all so talented and bring something to the table that for me no other band does. they work their asses off just to bring happiness to people. you see all these videos on youtube of paramore joking around and hanging out and its so cool to see that they are just like us. their music is one of a kind. riot! and awkif are just two cd's that i can put in my cd player and blast all day long without changing the song. i mean i still listen to other music as well (chiodos,the almost, weezer, kenotia) but its just not the same as what i have with paramore. every time i go to a paramore show its just pure heaven for me. the high energy and the comrodery of being a paramore fan is just something i enjoy. hope i didnt bore you guys...

I feel connected to them sort of. Like they inspire me and i can relate to them. I live in a small town, i am around their age. It makes me feel i can make it in the world.

dude, i love that slipknot is your icon thing. I thought id be like the only one on the planet who would like slipknot and paramore. good to know im not alone

Make that three people on this forum so far :D I like bitchslap, I can play the full song! My friend made me learn all these songs from them for his band, Then after I learned them i go "Yeah man I quit your band"

Just wasnt my style, but I do like their music when my friends show me it.

Anyways the thread

Why I listen to them, Well they're new to me and they have a pretty good mix and they can make a good tune. This is my first band I would actually like..in this particular "style" because Im usually listening to classical and old rock. So this was new to me, the band took awhile to grow on me at first, I kept seeing 'crushcrushcrush" on Punchmuch everyday when I watched it and this first time I seen the video I go "this band sucks, shut up already" then after the 50th time maybe, Not even joking I go "Ok im just going to download this song and a few others, to see if I should even buy this cd" so I downloaded that song, and my heart and emergency, NONE from riot by the way, and I go "Holy Sh*t!" this band is actually good! so i buy riot and im looking for those other two songs, But I instantly fell in love with more than half the album already. I never really told anyone I know that I like paramore:oops: but they know because I play their songs in class all the time on the teachers guitar. So now EVERYONE knows.

The crush video really threw me off though, I thought maybe they would have heavier songs like that one and hayley was all rocker chick for the video, SO I go "Maybe they're have some decent tunes"...so they did, but not the style I really liked, So after listening to this album on repeat for the next few weeks, I decided to check out other music, Thanks to this forum. Bands like JEW, All time low, Four Year Strong....and I think thats about it lol oh yeah! three days grace, So this forum kinda introduced me to these bands I never really listented to anymore. This is coming from a person that rocks out in the 80's :P so to speak music wise. I like beethoven, thats probably the only classical music I like, but I like all of em. I also like traditional songs, so paramore is definitely nneeew to me.

I also like the fact that they see so down to earth, Its a if my friend went to the grammy's and sent some updates. The connection is pretty close, Its a shame I wasnt a fan of theirs awhile ago, But oh well, Better late than never.

Make that three people on this forum so far :D I like bitchslap, I can play the full song! My friend made me learn all these songs from them for his band, Then after I learned them i go "Yeah man I quit your band"

Just wasnt my style, but I do like their music when my friends show me it.

Anyways the thread

Why I listen to them, Well they're new to me and they have a pretty good mix and they can make a good tune. This is my first band I would actually like..in this particular "style" because Im usually listening to classical and old rock. So this was new to me, the band took awhile to grow on me at first, I kept seeing 'crushcrushcrush" on Punchmuch everyday when I watched it and this first time I seen the video I go "this band sucks, shut up already" then after the 50th time maybe, Not even joking I go "Ok im just going to download this song and a few others, to see if I should even buy this cd" so I downloaded that song, and my heart and emergency, NONE from riot by the way, and I go "Holy Sh*t!" this band is actually good! so i buy riot and im looking for those other two songs, But I instantly fell in love with more than half the album already. I never really told anyone I know that I like paramore:oops: but they know because I play their songs in class all the time on the teachers guitar. So now EVERYONE knows.

The crush video really threw me off though, I thought maybe they would have heavier songs like that one and hayley was all rocker chick for the video, SO I go "Maybe they're have some decent tunes"...so they did, but not the style I really liked, So after listening to this album on repeat for the next few weeks, I decided to check out other music, Thanks to this forum. Bands like JEW, All time low, Four Year Strong....and I think thats about it lol oh yeah! three days grace, So this forum kinda introduced me to these bands I never really listented to anymore. This is coming from a person that rocks out in the 80's :P so to speak music wise. I like beethoven, thats probably the only classical music I like, but I like all of em. I also like traditional songs, so paramore is definitely nneeew to me.

I also like the fact that they see so down to earth, Its a if my friend went to the grammy's and sent some updates. The connection is pretty close, Its a shame I wasnt a fan of theirs awhile ago, But oh well, Better late than never.

its cool this opened you up to new music. You ever hear brand new? they're pretty much my favorite band ever, well...them,paramore, and jew. But you should definitely check them out they have some amazing songs.

Well I'm not very good at words and it's hard for me to explain why I'm in love with Paramore or say what they mean to me.

I'm not gonna say that they are good on what they do or that they are talented cause it's smt we all know.

I first listen to them at MTV(ya Misery Busness)and I understood that this is the band of my heart cause it was the only time I have wished "please don't stop please don't stop" and this is important for me.I also know what they mean to me cause they are the people who made me stop be stucked just at Avril Lavigne(yeah she's my life too).I was a fan of her for about 4 years and it is smt I could never imagine.All people was like Vassia+Avril and now are Vassia+Paramore.And believe me this means a lot.

I love them so much because their music isn't only love for my boyfriend-not love for my exboyfriend,their music is much more and that makes the difference from all the other(female singer)bands.Through their music I get to know myself better and understand some things.I also feel complete when I listen to songs like Emergancy and feel like there are people who got thgrough the same things as me.

I don't really know what else I'd say....ohhhhh another things I should mention is that everytime smn tells bad words about them I'm broken inside like they say them for me and also I couldn't believe that I'd never watch a(video of a)live performance and cry but because of HAYLEY I did this.

Everything possible.

Paramore's 'Pressure' pretty much saved my life. Hypothetically. Paramore gives me the confidence I need because I'm a person who has the lowest self-esteem ever. Paramore shows me that everything is possible at ANY age. Even if you're 12 (like Zac was when he first started). Nothing is ever impossible. And Paramore gives me emotions that I lacked, love I needed, and lyrics I thrived for.

I was a pretty normal, no identity person before I knew Paramore. Now I'm crazy and wild. I have my OWN identity and nobody can compare to it.

The end.

dude, i love that slipknot is your icon thing. I thought id be like the only one on the planet who would like slipknot and paramore. good to know im not alone

haha, yeah man. i have a really vast taste of music. i like stuff like slipknot, machine head, stone sour, atreyu - and now im startin to get into stuff like jimmy eat world, paramore and madina lake. I hate being called emo for that.

haha, yeah man. i have a really vast taste of music. i like stuff like slipknot, machine head, stone sour, atreyu - and now im startin to get into stuff like jimmy eat world, paramore and madina lake. I hate being called emo for that.

dude i know, I get called emo all the time and people don't even know what it is. people who love rap think emo is anything with a guitar bass and drums and then people who love metal think emo is any type of rock music thats not real heavy like metal is. It's so annoying.

sorry for going off topic but i had to say something lol