Forgotten.

hmmm thanks guys

so am i best to get Photoshop Pro? and is it free?

Well PSP is Paint shop pro.. and it includes animation shop. Photoshop is made by a different company and comes with Image Ready (which is animation software) Photoshop/image ready are more complicated than PSP/animation shop. I started off using PSP and Animationshop for about 2 years before i got Photoshop.. and now i dont use psp at all. Neither are free.

I think gimp is free and would be suitable i guess if youre just starting out, but its not as complex as the other softwares so you cant do as much on it as you could on photoshop.

Actually, I think it's about the same.

I've looked at plenty of tutorials and stuff like that which are meant for photoshop. I do exactly what it says but in Gimp....I don't really see any difference.

:???:

Yeah it is pretty good for what it is, i used to have to use it in my graphics class. But like if you were new to it and dived straight into photoshop and you didnt know what you were doing.. it will be confusing. Same with either of the softwares really.. theres just more in photoshop to get confused with if you get what i mean aha.

i did have GIMP but i got confused :\

i use a website but i can only make 4 seconds worth of animation, which isnt that bad but still.

plus does anyone know how to put text onto an animated GIF?

Yeah you have to like put the text as a new layer but then merge it to all frames.