Microsoft Vista Problem

RenegadeRoss

Ok, so im gonna take the chance that anyone might know what the hell to do.

Basicly, everytime i restart my laptop, Vista changes to the default desktop. Removes icons that ive put there (i.e. msn, ) and returns the desktop background to the default.

All my files from My Documents dissapear, as does all the stuff i had in the Start menu's and all my music in windows media player dissapears.

But i still find all my stuff by going through C/Users/Ross/My Documents etc. I just have to always put my music back into my media player, change the desktop background back and get msn and other stuff back to the desktop again.

I only have one account on here, and that is mine. So i dont know why its not loading things up.

When i put my laptop just to sleep, then everything stays fine. But if i reboot it then everything just seems to restart on the desktop. Its getting increasingly annoying!

Ive tried searching google for different things, and the only thing i found, no-one appeared to have any solutions in how to solve it.

I've also tried system restore but it doesnt work. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

If i cant fix it, im gonna get XP put on this, cause Vista is a total joke!

Im getting annoyed that it keeps removing my hayley williams background too!!

Vista IS a total joke. I have it on this computer, and it's not even funny how many glitches and bugs it comes up with.

I'm sorry to say i don't have a solution to this, it hasn't happened to me- all i can suggest is either e-mail or phone their help centre and see if they have any ideas, although i think microsoft's answer to "help centre" is just to employ the most pretentious and patronizing wankers on the planet, so it may not be that helpful.

I honestly think your best bet is to re/install XP, it was so much better and actually just worked.

Or get a Mac. ;-)

• Like 1

I really do agre with everything you said there. Unfortunatly it wasnt my decision to have this piece of crap installed on here. I bought my laptop on january, so unfortunatly it came with this shit.

I really am gonna get XP put on here.

As always, Well Done Microsoft. Is there anything you CANT fuck up? Worst company in the world in my opinion!

Unlucky there then, matey !

But yeah, ergh, microsoft. I wouldn't say they're the worst company, occasionally they do things right, it just takes them several years.

I just don't understand why they release half-finished piles of shite ! Vista and the Xbox 360 being prime examples of this. They're good when they work, brilliant even, but they just sell things riddled with errors to consumer and then are shocked and surprised when they get complaints and unsatisfied customers. You'd think they'd have had plenty of practise by now !