anyone have HD video ?

icha

i looked on http://www.stage6.com

there's a HD vid of paramore, but the site is closing down..

so i can't download it..

so if there's anybody who has it..

can i get it??

thanks. :D

That video even though it was labeled as HD, was not. It was 640 x 480 which is SD. The poster labeled it as HD because it was a maximum quality, and rather large divx file.

As for HD content, all I have ever been able to find are the following:

Paramore performing misery business on Conan. This is a 1080i transport stream file.

There is also a recording of Love Is Not a Competition from BBC1, this video has a resolution of 1024 x 576, now it's not quite hd, meaning 720p or higher, it does have a much greater resolution then sd.

Now i'm not going to direct link you to someone elses download dirctly, but I'll link you to this post on a message board where it is posted. This is the file for Conan: http://hdtvshare.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=610

Also, I can't find the Love Is Not a Competition one at the moment, I do know it was posted on the forum on superiorpics.com in the artists section back in early february.

Good luck=)

*scratchs head* 'ello... umm... i'm having a bit of trouble getting these files to work??

A transportstream, or .ts file is the native digital television broadcast. It is the datastream as it exists on the cable system. In most cases they are mpeg2, but in the future it's possible it could be mp4 as well.

To play a transport stream all you have to do is open it up in windows media player. Click view all file types and you should be able to see it. Windows Media player will tell you its not a recognized file type, tell it to play anyways. Then it will play the the video.

In some cases, especially if its from an Over The Air recording. The file may have substreams, these are for example, sub channels. Some local stations air channels such as 2-1, 2-2, 2-3 and son on. One could be the main news channel, one could be the radar 24/7 and the other could something else all together. Here the local pbs has 9 substreams. Windows media player will only play the main stream.

If you still experience trouble playing the file, search on google for transportstream to mpeg, or hdtv to mpeg. There are programs that can extract the mpeg file out of the transport stream. For me these files play fine in windows media player without the need to extract.

That should do it for for the conan, and love is not a competition is just a mpg.

If you are wondering about the zip format, its rar. Rar is just another type of zip file. you need a program called winrar to unzip them. That can be found at http://www.rarlab.com/

Also, just to let you know, rar's can split a zip in to multiple files, to make for smaller files to download in peices. To unzip the rarfile, you need to download all files linked, then once are all downloaded, extract it:wink:

oh, wow! thank you!

I do use winrar actually but the reason why I downloaded this is because I just got an HDtv a few months ago and i'm always trying to find HD vids to add to my PS3, i'll try to find something to convert this file then, thanks again!

EDIT: err.. okay yeah i'm still having problems playing the file with the windows media player

oh, wow! thank you!

I do use winrar actually but the reason why I downloaded this is because I just got an HDtv a few months ago and i'm always trying to find HD vids to add to my PS3, i'll try to find something to convert this file then, thanks again!

EDIT: err.. okay yeah i'm still having problems playing the file with the windows media player

I reccomend using HDTVtoMPEG tool found here. http://www-personal.umich.edu/~balazer/HDTVtoMPEG2/

Download the newest file by date, and install it. Then use it to extract the native mpeg out of the transport stream. I use this to take the mpeg's out of the transport stream so I can transport them to my TiVo to watch in HD.

It's a good tool to learn, becuase the vast majority of HDTV tv captures will be in transportstream format=)

*scratchs head* I feel like such a doof, I still can't get it to work with this program, I open it up(already extracted from winrar) Output file name: type: I change it to Mpeg 2, Ext: .0000.mpg(I change it to mpeg-2) I leave the Max Size to 1024, I can't seem to change anything else, I Process it and try to open it with my WMP and it seems like its going to play but its all black till 10 seconds of trying to play then keeps repeating, very strange.

*scratchs head* I feel like such a doof, I still can't get it to work with this program, I open it up(already extracted from winrar) Output file name: type: I change it to Mpeg 2, Ext: .0000.mpg(I change it to mpeg-2) I leave the Max Size to 1024, I can't seem to change anything else, I Process it and try to open it with my WMP and it seems like its going to play but its all black till 10 seconds of trying to play then keeps repeating, very strange.

Odd. Try playing it back in a dvd player application. The video is mpeg-2 with ac3 audio.

Also, try extracting it again. That is the same file links I downloaded it from and everythings worked fine for me.