Hayley vs. Frank

arrrrr x matey

Hayley vs. Frank Iero  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Hayley vs. Frank Iero

• Hayley Williams
    • Frank Iero

:rotfl: 90% is quite a lot though, don't you think?

Well pretty much everyone you talk to about them is a little kid that has been into them since they started to feature in Kerrang! and keep thanking them for changing their life (but would drop them in an instant when a new craze comes along).

Don't get me wrong I did/do like MCR I was a fan from late 2001/2002 and was a member of unleash the bats and i've got the original promo/silver pressing of the first album with the number and extra stuff at the end but I do feel they have lost their way since signing up to Warners and haven't lived upto their early potential and their fans (that are fans to be trendy) make me hate them that little more.....well not hate but dislike the whole MCR entourage.

you were a fan before their first record came out? it came out in 2002, like around this time if i remember correctly.

hmmm

and ps, talk to most of paramore fans, you'd find the same crowd that like my chem. little "teenies" as i believe theyre labeled.

a fans a fan, isnt it about the music?

Well pretty much everyone you talk to about them is a little kid that has been into them since they started to feature in Kerrang! and keep thanking them for changing their life (but would drop them in an instant when a new craze comes along).

Don't get me wrong I did/do like MCR I was a fan from late 2001/2002 and was a member of unleash the bats and i've got the original promo/silver pressing of the first album with the number and extra stuff at the end but I do feel they have lost their way since signing up to Warners and haven't lived upto their early potential and their fans (that are fans to be trendy) make me hate them that little more.....well not hate but dislike the whole MCR entourage.

Ah, I see. Fair enough, I suppose. I think it's cool that you have the original thing, and I envy that! ^_^

I've been a fan since 2004, and they have yet to put out an album that I dislike [unlike Good Charlotte who totally confused me after their latest album]. I don't like the fans that are just trying to be trendy. It's a waste; but it's their lives and if they want to try and be trendy, I can't stop them.

I will admit, nothing can ever top I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love. That is by far my favorite, but I don't think signing with Warners was a mistake for them. I'm glad they're recognized and have the good fans they do.

you were a fan before their first record came out? it came out in 2002, like around this time if i remember correctly.

hmmm

and ps, talk to most of paramore fans, you'd find the same crowd that like my chem. little "teenies" as i believe theyre labeled.

a fans a fan, isnt it about the music?

It came out in late July if I remember I just got into the band because of a friend who was local to them and I enjoyed them at the time. Besides this is my view and you can hate a band because you don't like their music direction or because of their annoying fans.

And yes there is a lot of annoying paramore fans but I don't have to deal with them as often as the fake little mcr kids who are only into the music because of the fashion associated with it and to stand out like those little tarts who went on that failed march in London :rotfl:.

I am not attacking you personally btw

Ah, I see. Fair enough, I suppose. I think it's cool that you have the original thing, and I envy that! ^_^

I've been a fan since 2004, and they have yet to put out an album that I dislike [unlike Good Charlotte who totally confused me after their latest album]. I don't like the fans that are just trying to be trendy. It's a waste; but it's their lives and if they want to try and be trendy, I can't stop them.

I will admit, nothing can ever top I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love. That is by far my favorite, but I don't think signing with Warners was a mistake for them. I'm glad they're recognized and have the good fans they do.

I still have a soft spot for the band I just think the direction they have taken doesn't match up with the passion and energy they had for the first album and they just seem to be going through the motions but that's my view and music is like that what someone dislikes someone else loves.

I know that there is still some genuine MCR fans but you know yourself that there is a lot of kids who are just faking it to be trendy.

but couldnt you same for paramore fans? the red hair, the makeup, the clothes, the future septum piercings...why not hate paramore for that then?

i'm not tryin to attakc you either dude. =)

It's more to do with the fact that England seems to have the most fake little MCR fans and everywhere you go you see them and i've never really saw that generic little Paramore fan as much as them.

In the end it's just a trend and kids will change and goto the next trend like grunge before it Nu Metal Indie etc.

Btw what was that MCR video that had all the bits from "The Audition" spliced into it?

I still have a soft spot for the band I just think the direction they have taken doesn't match up with the passion and energy they had for the first album and they just seem to be going through the motions but that's my view and music is like that what someone dislikes someone else loves.

I know that there is still some genuine MCR fans but you know yourself that there is a lot of kids who are just faking it to be trendy.

I see what you mean. Can't say I don't miss the old days before The Black Parade when they were the "[bLEEP] you!" kind of band. Nothing will ever top that first album. Nothing will EVER compare to "Drowning Lessons."

And yes, sadly I know :( I don't understand why kids do that though. It's a waste of time when they can just go out and be listening to what they truly like.

I see what you mean. Can't say I don't miss the old days before The Black Parade when they were the "[bLEEP] you!" kind of band. Nothing will ever top that first album. Nothing will EVER compare to "Drowning Lessons."

And yes, sadly I know :( I don't understand why kids do that though. It's a waste of time when they can just go out and be listening to what they truly like.

Most of the time they like to fit in while they try to stand out......it's odd because a lot of MCR fans I have met enjoy alienating themselves and make a big deal of trying to do that.

What does bug me though is those kids that suddenly love MSI because of those two being married like they have to love the band because of that :roll:

MCR still have a chance to make a great record and to make sure they don't become forgotten as just another band

Most of the time they like to fit in while they try to stand out......it's odd because a lot of MCR fans I have met enjoy alienating themselves and make a big deal of trying to do that.

What does bug me though is those kids that suddenly love MSI because of those two being married like they have to love the band because of that :roll:

MCR still have a chance to make a great record and to make sure they don't become forgotten as just another band

I see...That's quite strange because they then get upset when they are alienated and singled out. Wow, people confuse me...more than I confuse myself.

Aye, I see. MSI is okay and has a catchy sound, but not something I could listen to on a daily basis. They never really caught my favoritism. Once in a blue moon they're nice to listen to. Who and who being married? Haha.

And yes, I agree. I think they will come back from their two year break [or however long it is] with a bang and create a record that will blow the world away.

Isn't Gerrad Married to that one that looks like a bloke from MSI or are they still engaged :rotfl:

Anyway I hope they do come back with something a bit rawer and sounding less like a queen record.....I don't think that style suited them :???:

Oh, I have no clue, hahaha! I never paid attention to their personal lives. On SURS he said he was married, so that's probably who he's married to.

Haha, not your thing?

Oh, I have no clue, hahaha! I never paid attention to their personal lives. On SURS he said he was married, so that's probably who he's married to.

Haha, not your thing?

:rotfl:

It was a bit too polished and planned and it just didn't work for me :mad:how about you did you like it?

:rotfl:

It was a bit too polished and planned and it just didn't work for me :mad:how about you did you like it?

I can see what you mean; to each their own. Personally, I enjoyed every bit of it. Seeing them play it in concert was wonderful. I fancied the theme and the dramatic aspects of it.

I can see what you mean; to each their own. Personally, I enjoyed every bit of it. Seeing them play it in concert was wonderful. I fancied the theme and the dramatic aspects of it.

I can see why you would like it and it did have a theme which was quite interesting and a good take on death

I went to see them in concert on that tour for all the wrong reasons and I was obviously upset when they didn't play the entire first album just for me :rotfl:

I can see why you would like it and it did have a theme which was quite interesting and a good take on death

I went to see them in concert on that tour for all the wrong reasons and I was obviously upset when they didn't play the entire first album just for me :rotfl:

It would be one heck of a book if they wrote one about it!!!

Hahahaha, that upset me too, when they did not play one thing from the first album. The whole show was good though, so that made up for it. For goodness sake, at least once in my life I want to see them play "Drowning Lessons" and "Skylines And Turnstiles" before I kick the bucket!

Did you get the chance to see them play anything from off the first album ever?

ahh im completely buttin in on this convo but skyline and turnstiles

i live in jersey so ive known them for that long.

i never got to see them tho when they first came out cuz i was too young and my mom wouldnt let me go to shows.

they are amazing!

It would be one heck of a book if they wrote one about it!!!

Hahahaha, that upset me too, when they did not play one thing from the first album. The whole show was good though, so that made up for it. For goodness sake, at least once in my life I want to see them play "Drowning Lessons" and "Skylines And Turnstiles" before I kick the bucket!

Did you get the chance to see them play anything from off the first album ever?

Yeah I have saw them a few times and went cross country to see them when they toured before the second album where I met up with a few of the English board members (of the time). I saw them with TBS and I saw them with The Used (think it was The Used anyway) and they were great and played basically the first album then :D

Noticed how we went from talk about Franks looks to having a civilised conversation about MCR? ;-)

Yeah I have saw them a few times and went cross country to see them when they toured before the second album where I met up with a few of the English board members (of the time). I saw them with TBS and I saw them with The Used (think it was The Used anyway) and they were great and played basically the first album then :D

Noticed how we went from talk about Franks looks to having a civilised conversation about MCR? ;-)

Wow, you're lucky!!! Were TBS and The Used good live? MCR, we all pretty much know how good they are live. I never got the chance to see TBS or The Used.

And yes :D Civilized conversations rule. Poor Frank had to be battered with words before any progress could be made =P [Just kidding, of course...]

ahh im completely buttin in on this convo but skyline and turnstiles<3333

i live in jersey so ive known them for that long.

i never got to see them tho when they first came out cuz i was too young and my mom wouldnt let me go to shows.

they are amazing!

I remember those days!!! My parents did not want me to go to concerts because I was so young, but now they have let me go to concerts and stuff.

...I remember my Mom thinking I was too young to listen to Blink-182 and PaPa Roach when I was eight...Those were the days, haha.