wtf? paramore is emo?

luca19

Paramore Shows Off Energy On Chevrolet Stage

The final night of "The Final RIOT!"

This was how Hayley Williams, frontwoman of Tennessee emo-pop band Paramore, described the night to a packed house of mostly teenagers in skinny jeans Saturday night in Wallingford's Chevrolet Theater. Paramore told the crowd that there were "no words to describe how cool or fun this tour has been." The opening bands had already displayed pranks and merrymaking to celebrate the last night of the outing.

The band opened with its three male members and touring rhythm guitarist, Taylor York, on stage. Williams joined them under flashing lights spelling out the name of the band's sophomore album, "RIOT!" The all-encompassing energy on stage built into the song "Born For This." Zac Farro's steady drums and churning electric guitar from his brother, Josh Farro, backed Williams' spunky vocals and occasional screams.

Williams banged her tangerine-colored head and danced around the stage on "Here We Go Again" before moving into the swingy introduction of "Fences."

By "crushcrushcrush," the band was displaying a pattern. Most songs started mid-tempo before building into a flurry of fast-paced pop-punk for the chorus.

The band played "My Heart" acoustically, without drums. Williams' vocals sounded raw and earnest, without the chaos that normally surrounds them.

Later in the one-hour set, the band played Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah." The song's tranquility lasted only a few minutes before a slamming guitar brought the band back to its usual style.

Paramore left the stage before returning for its biggest hit, "Misery Business." All four of the bands on tour joined Paramore for the song, running and jumping around the stage.

Jack's Mannequin, a piano-driven project of former Something Corporate singer Andrew McMahon, played before Paramore. Despite shaky vocals on the opening "I'm Ready," McMahon poured himself into a passionate set mainly composed of the band's first record, "Everything in Transit." A few tunes were played from the band's album to be released Sept. 30, "The Glass Passenger."

Paper Route opened the show with brooding, moody pop.

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/music/reviews/hc-paramorerev0901.artsep01,0,5355825.story

Yeah, sorry about that.

I just view the word 'few' to mean like 3-5. And I would hate for people to think like that then look back on bands back then and be like "zomfg 3 years iz lyk TBS, deyr soOoOoOoOoOoO emo"

Nothing wrong with what you said mind, you were perfectly correct.

Yeah, sorry about that.

I just view the word 'few' to mean like 3-5. And I would hate for people to think like that then look back on bands back then and be like "zomfg 3 years iz lyk TBS, deyr soOoOoOoOoOoO emo"

Nothing wrong with what you said mind, you were perfectly correct.

haha aye. i guess i did mean more than five.

in nutshell we agree ;-)

Emo stands for emotional, and yes they are emotional, you can see that when you listen to their songs. :)

Emo is not just being depressed and cutting yourself. :)

Q4E

you dont have'to wear tight pants and have swooped hair to be in an emo band.

1) Paramore is not emo, theyre pop punk

2) There is nothing bad about "emo" music itself, emotional hardcore is dead in the mainstream

3) Emo has become the scapegoat of music, with all the shitty bands that the same songs with cliche breakdowns and lyrics about broken hearts, wear all Hot Topic and has swooped hair