Grant Brandell of Underoath says he likes Paramore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOso0goMmUA

At about 8:10.

He is talking about David Bendeth. He says he wasn't excited about working with him to mix their latest record, because he didn't like almost any of the bands he has worked with except Paramore.

In Part 4, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfPyEXa3liw) at around :30, David Bendeth says 'Not every can be xxxxxmore, and write all those hits.' I really hope he didn't say Paramore. I can't understand him though.

Paramore shouldn't be the considering 'the band that writes all the hits'....no offense but they don't have the experience to do that yet. they are still a young band. i love them, but to say they are better than 1. underoath, and 2. any other band that wrote a crap load of hits. AKA THE BEATLES.

Paramore shouldn't be the considering 'the band that writes all the hits'....no offense but they don't have the experience to do that yet. they are still a young band. i love them, but to say they are better than 1. underoath, and 2. any other band that wrote a crap load of hits. AKA THE BEATLES.

1. Its very easy to say that Paramore are better than Underoath. Ie, because they are.

2. You're getting offended to easily. If David Bendeth wants to consider Paramore "the band that writes all the hits" then he as every right too. Don't you have that thing called freedom of speech there in america?

Uh... you guys are strange.

He was COMPLIMENTING them.

He's saying that just because you work with him, doesn't mean you'll be able to get popular music. That has to come from the talent of the artist. The reason he said that is because Underoath isn't a 'hit' type band.

He's not discrediting either band, but just that Paramore has naturally catchier stuff.

Why in the world is that a BAD thing?

:???:

He's saying that just because you work with him, doesn't mean you'll be able to get popular music. That has to come from the talent of the artist. The reason he said that is because Underoath isn't a 'hit' type band.

:???:

Yeah, he was talking about bands that he liked that worked with david, which Paramore happened to be the only band he liked, and then went into how when they first met David, they had a whole bunch of arguments about music etc.

And basketcase has the same idea that Underoath had when they were haveing arguments. Underoath doesn't care about how many hits they have, they like writing music!

Mehh.

He's not saying that Paramore necessarily cares about how many hits they have. They just naturally have catchier stuff. It's just their style of writing.

I love Underoath songs, but I couldn't tell you any of the names of them, lyrics... it's just not catchy. It's amazing and epic, but not catchy.

Like classical music... sorta. Lol. :P