iTunes Trouble, grrrrr

LoREvanescence

When I went to open iTunes this morning, it didn't open. I waited a minute but nothing opened. Double clicked on the itunes icon again, and waited about 5 minutes, still didn't open.

So I hit control alt delete and saw that it said itunes was already running. After I closed it, I tunes opened up to an error message:

"‘iTunes library does not appear to be a valid iTunes library file. iTunes has attempted to recover your iTunes library and renamed this file to “iTunes Library (Damaged)"."

Now my library is empty, all my playlists are gone. And it wont recover any of my backups of the library.

I attempted to import my itunes folder again to get all my songs back in, and after that was completed, my iTunes library was still empty!!!!:crybad::crybad:

sighs, what luck=\

Anyone have any ideas? I'm about ready to uninstall itunes, and try installing it again.

Mine did that, although it did restore from a back up i just had to re-add those that weren't backed up. I'm not sure what the deal is with iTunes at the moment, a lot of people have said it's doing weird things.

Sorry though i have no ideas short of re-installing and then just manually re-adding your library, which may be a pain but surely all the files are lurking on your computer somewhere already.

mine used to do that all the time.

i'm trying to remember what i used to do.

all your music should be in your itunes music folder still

so either you just need to re-add all the music to your library

or try file>import and find your itunes library. it should be in the itunes folder, under music, or wherever you chose to put it. it might reopen or it might say that it's damaged.

if it does, readd your music and either uninstall and reinstall, or download a new version

hope this helps

and try saving your library every once in a while, i had to do this so that if it happened again i had a library to fall back on

EDIT: just reread your post- clearly i can't read- you had already tried your folder and the library

sorry

the only thing i can think of is to reinstall, or download a new version.

i don't know why all your music wouldn't upload, that has never happened to me

is your music still in your itunes folder?