My Recommendations

hubabalou

Ocean Is Theorywww.myspace.com/oceanistheory

I know the guys in this band personally and they're some of the most awesome guys I know. They're style is really unique I think. Very indie experimental. Josh, their lead singer, has some of the best vocals I've ever heard and the whole band puts on a great live show.

Song to listen to: More Than Conquerors

-----------

This Centurywww.myspace.com/thiscentury

This band is for all of you that love The Maine yet at the same time love Maroon 5. They have the pop rock sound that The Maine is known for, but a funk twist that is very reminiscent of Maroon 5. I first heard about these guys through The Maine and once I heard half of one song I was hooked.

Song to listen to: No Way Out

-----------

Chris Colemanwww.myspace.com/chriscolemanmusic

Chris Coleman is another one of the bands that I know personally. The bassist and guitarist went to school with me and all of them are super talented guys. They're sound is pretty much power pop, and they really want to make you dance. They're awesome live because they really get the crowd going.

Song to Listen to: Closing In

-----------

Cavashawnwww.myspace.com/cavashawn

Ironically, I came across this band as I was shifting through friends requests on myspace... typically I hate getting band requests, but I actually gave this band a listen because their name was bizarre. I listened to their songs and I found them to be absolutely amazing. They kind of have a vibe like The Cab.

Song to Listen to: Just Because

-----------

The Vowwww.myspace.com/thevow

I came across this band when I was looking at one of my friend's photography, he happened to do some of their promo shots and I felt compelled to look them up. I instantly was hooked. When I found out they were playing at the venue I work at, I was all to excited to see them. They put on a great show. Seriously, some of the most talented guys I've ever met and become friends with. These guys are my bros, I love them to death.

Song to Listen to: Mystery

-----------

Tofer Brownwww.myspace.com/toferbrown

What can I say about Tofer Brown? He's brilliant. He's acoustic folk rock and he is wonderful. He's for those who love Ryan Adams, John Mayer, etc... I cant even begin to say how much I love his music. His use of acoustic guitar and piano is just killer.

Song to Listen to: Come Back to Me

-----------

Between the Treeswww.myspace.com/betweenthetrees

Between the Trees has been on The Vans Warped Tour for the past two years... I happened to catch a bit of their acoustic set and they were amazing. I first got into BTT when I found out that they basically wrote a few songs for To Write Love On Her Arms, which I'm an avid supporter of. Their lyrics are so genuine and their lead singer, Ryan's vocals are so emotive.

Song to Listen to: A Time For Yohe

-----------

The Scene Aestheticwww.myspace.com/thesceneaesthetic

So, The Scene Aesthetic is the band that Andrew DeTorres from Danger Radio started before Danger Radio was even a band. TSA still tours and whatnot, and I absolutely love them. The dynamic between the two singers is great, it really adds a different feel to the music. Plus, the fact that their acoustic doesnt hurt one bit.

Song to Listen to: Beauty in the Breakdown

-----------

Go Radiowww.myspace.com/wearegoradio

Go Radio is Jason Lancaster's new band. If you dont know who Jason Lancaster is, he was the old co-vocalist of Mayday Parade. He has one of the best voices in the scene if you ask me. Go Radio is actually a lot like Mayday Parade, minus the two vocalist thing. Lyrically they're brilliant, musically they're awesome.

Song to Listen to: Dear Lucian, Dance Forever

-----------

Vega4www.myspace.com/vega4

I first heard about Vega4 when I went to my first Augustana show. I had no idea who they were, and I couldnt understand a single word they were saying when they were talking, but when they were playing I was just blown away. They have an indie vibe, kind of old school.

Song to Listen to: You and Me

The Scene Aestheticwww.myspace.com/thesceneaesthetic

So, The Scene Aesthetic is the band that Andrew DeTorres from Danger Radio started before Danger Radio was even a band. TSA still tours and whatnot, and I absolutely love them. The dynamic between the two sings is great, it really adds a different feel to this music. Plus, the fact that their acoustic doesnt hurt one bit.

YES.

I like Danger Radio a little bit more, but Andrew DeTorres is AMAZING.

Go Radiowww.myspace.com/wearegoradio

Go Radio is Jason Lancaster's new band. If you dont know who Jason Lancaster is, he was the old co-vocalist of Mayday Parade. He has one of the best voices in the scene if you ask me. Go Radio is actually a lot like Mayday Parade, minus the two vocalist thing. Lyrically they're brilliant, musically they're awesome.

Song to Listen to: Dear Lucian, Dance Forever

He was basically the band, he wrote near enough most the stuff haha. Go Radio is awesome but, and I can't wait to see Danger Radio as well next month. :)

Good recs btw!

^ Oh Lord I know. I'm worried about Mayday Parade, but I think they're gonna write a good record, it'll probably just be different.

And thank you.

I still can't believe they released Miserable at Best. As if making their last single a cover of Jason's old bad was bad enough.

^ Well, I mean, Mayday technically has the rights to use the stuff from their album, even though Jason wrote it and everything. I mean it technically belongs to Mayday Parade... even though Jason isnt in the band anymore. Jason's leaving the band was on good terms, it wasnt like they kicked him out or anything.

^ Well, I mean, Mayday technically has the rights to use the stuff from their album, even though Jason wrote it and everything. I mean it technically belongs to Mayday Parade... even though Jason isnt in the band anymore. Jason's leaving the band was on good terms, it wasnt like they kicked him out or anything.

Yeah, I know but still. I, for one, wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I'd still view it as 'his work' and respect it as such. Jamie All Over isn't as bad cause he wasn't the only one from Mayday in Kid Named Chicago, but Miserable at Best definitely. It's just me really. Like if I was TBS, I wouldn't play anything from the Lacey/Nolan-era.

*Shrugs* Yeah I guess that makes sense, but I mean, they dont really have a catalog at all that Jason wasnt involved with so it would be hard for them to put out a single without writing new stuff... and I mean, they could have released a new song, but since the new album is at least 6 months off, I dont think they would be comfortable with releasing something brand new.

*Shrugs* Yeah I guess that makes sense, but I mean, they dont really have a catalog at all that Jason wasnt involved with so it would be hard for them to put out a single without writing new stuff... and I mean, they could have released a new song, but since the new album is at least 6 months off, I dont think they would be comfortable with releasing something brand new.

Take This to Heart.

Possibly the best song on the album. Fairly easy to promote, it's fairly marketable. Video would write itself. Plus, it's one of the songs Derek wrote. Although I can't remember if it was after he broke up with his ex or while he was still with her he wrote it. Like it matters. Take This to Heart.

The Scene Aesthetic . . /thesceneaesthetic

So, The Scene Aesthetic is the band that Andrew DeTorres from Danger Radio started before Danger Radio was even a band. TSA still tours and whatnot, and I absolutely love them. The dynamic between the two singers is great, it really adds a different feel to the music. Plus, the fact that their acoustic doesnt hurt one bit.

<33