I'M BROKEN, LET'S KISS

bradsonemanband

this is my band. we recorded 3 new songs yesterday and i want you all to listen to them and tell me what you think/what you like/what you don't like/etc.

http://www.myspace.com/imbrokenletskiss

new songs are:

Like A Fox In A Trap

Not Enough

Our Winter Goodbye

on behalf of the two of us, thank you mucho!

I'm gonna be harsh and honest. After all, isn't that the best criticism?

First things first: the band name sucks.

Okay, onto what matters

Like A Fox In A Trap: Shall I put the unoriginality aside?? It's like Motion City Soundtrack had sex with Hellogoodbye and then FTSK joined in. With a bit of TBS thrown in. If that's what your going for, then fine I guess. But it isnt anything that hasn't been heard before. But aside from that, the melodies are good. Production is smooth enough. Vocalist could maybe smoothen out his upper range though

Not Enough: It wouldnt hurt for the vocals to be louder than the guitar. Once again, typical pop-punk chord structure. Nothing original tbh. In fact a band from Oxford gave me their demo at an NFG show, and it sounded exactly the same as this. Despite the fact you're halfway across the world. Anyway. As I was saying. The vocalist can hit the high notes, it has to be said. Although the breathy verse vocals get on my tits. Nice use of the word "fucking" though lol. Reverb on the "Need you" part is good.

Our Winter Goodbye: The synth/keyboard part is't overwhelming, which is nice. In fact, the mixing is very nice. The "We've got to let this go" harmony is nice!! The next part is ear-screeching slightly but nothing better quality recording wouldn't fix. In fact, this is the best song so far- because despite it still not being exactly earth shattering, it isn't following the same structure, and sounds like it could have a nice climatic ending. In fact, given it's a song about moving on (I assume), it seems to portray just that nicely.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Sorry if I was harsh!

Out of interest, where did you do the recording and how much did it set you back?

hey dude, thank you soooo much for your opinions! whether they were good or bad, thank you for your input.

we recorded everything in my basement for the price of $0.00 haha. most of the music was made with Reason, but we recorded all the guitars and vocals in the basement.

Ahh cool! It's pretty good quality. What mics did you use?

i actually like it. i like the music a lot. the only thing i don't like is the quality of the singer's voice. it distracts me from the music, which i actually think is good. he sounds like he's forcing everything out and, i mean, i didn't write the songs, nor have i ever heard them before now, but it sounds like he's missing the notes. that may not be for me to say, but that's the only thing i didn't like about it.

i would chalk that up to constructive criticism, but there's not much you can do to change it lol. so sorry! but that's just what i think. :P

i actually like it. i like the music a lot. the only thing i don't like is the quality of the singer's voice. it distracts me from the music, which i actually think is good. he sounds like he's forcing everything out and, i mean, i didn't write the songs, nor have i ever heard them before now, but it sounds like he's missing the notes. that may not be for me to say, but that's the only thing i didn't like about it.

i would chalk that up to constructive criticism, but there's not much you can do to change it lol. so sorry! but that's just what i think. :P

thank you for the opinion. i'm glad you like the music. i write it all, so that made me happy. haha

• 1 month later...