The Wish Thread - Part 2

arrrrr x matey

I wish people would stop wanting to be mod's.

Firstly it isnt up to me, secondly you've more chance of NOT getting it if you keep pestering about it, and thirdly, it isnt THAT big a thing. What is the deal with wanting to be a mod, seriously people, it doesnt mean your social status in the world goes up by 1 million percent.

I wish people would stop wanting to be mod's.

Firstly it isnt up to me, secondly you've more chance of NOT getting it if you keep pestering about it, and thirdly, it isnt THAT big a thing. What is the deal with wanting to be a mod, seriously people, it doesnt mean your social status in the world goes up by 1 million percent.

Jeez, sorry! I only want to be a mod 'cause I love this site and it would give me something more to do. :roll: Just forget it if you think all that.

Jeez, sorry! I only want to be a mod 'cause I love this site and it would give me something more to do. :roll: Just forget it if you think all that.

Do you knw how annoying it is though, every day someone is wanting to be a mod and crying about it. Nobody becomes a mod by asking, they get chosen because of the way they act on the forum.

Im not targeting you personally, the forum in general, so many people pm me and stuff asking and .. god... what do you want me to do?

Its not up to me.

Do you knw how annoying it is though, every day someone is wanting to be a mod and crying about it. Nobody becomes a mod by asking, they get chosen because of the way they act on the forum.

Im not targeting you personally, the forum in general, so many people pm me and stuff asking and .. god... what do you want me to do?

Its not up to me.

yeah that probably gets annoying =/

Its not up to me.

I should hope you aren't targetting me because I have only mentioned it to you once. As if I would really cry over something like that, it's common knowledge I'm dramatic. I didn't know loads of people had mentioned it, in fact I only knew of Franny mentioning it.

People mention it to you, because you're usually the nicest member of "staff" to talk to.

• Like 1

I know that and understand that, it just sometimes gets really annoying. I know everybody loves this site, and i know you have the best interests of the site at heart.

But every mod has been chosen, so, like, when the time comes, you might be chosen, you might not. We dont know who'll be chosen, or if we'll ever need another mod.

I dont mean to be cranky, this just gets on my goat.

I know that and understand that, it just sometimes gets really annoying. I know everybody loves this site, and i know you have the best interests of the site at heart.

But every mod has been chosen, so, like, when the time comes, you might be chosen, you might not. We dont know who'll be chosen, or if we'll ever need another mod.

I dont mean to be cranky, this just gets on my goat.

That's all fine, it just pissed me off to get a response like that. Firstly because I wasn't expecting it and secondly, because, like you said, I only have my best interests at heart anyway. Certainly not a "social status". Do I really come off as the type of person to care about that?

I honestly didn't know you'd been getting PM's. I'll just drop it now.

I don't want to be annoying and poke my nose into this, but Shannon said this with the best intent, and not for the status.

And a lot of people probably would agree; another mod who is online much would be appreciated, especially with the drama that happends here sometimes :).

Well it pisses me off to see people whining about wanting to be mod's. why is it a big deal, its hardly different to being a normal poster. Deleting a few posts/threads, every now and again and thats it.

If we needed a mod we would have more, we dont need them, so no point asking to be one.

I don't want to be annoying and poke my nose into this, but Shannon said this with the best intent, and not for the status.

And a lot of people probably would agree; another mod who is online much would be appreciated, especially with the drama that happends here sometimes :).

What drama though? Once every 3 month somebody decides to be centre of attention and acts like a baby who's had their candy stolen.

We can deal with that.

True fact, but it wouldn't be a 'drama' if a mod was on time to close the thread.

I'm definitely not here to talk crap about your job as a mod, but I think you might be overreacting, taking this out on Shannon, while all she wants to do is help.

:hug: <3

• Like 1

When someone is appointed to something, you look at their past credentials. in this case, the way a person has acted on a forum.

Without being nasty, i dont think Shannon stands a chance after that thread you made before you left, thats not down to me, thats just as a whole. If we were contemplating appointing another mod then we'd look at how they behave on the forum.

I already said, i understand she wants to help. But you wont get anywhere by asking to be one when that isnt the way people are chosen to be moderators.

When someone is appointed to someone, you look at their past credentials. in this case, the way a person has acted on a forum.

Without being nasty, i dont think Shannon stands a chance after that thread you made before you left, thats not down to me, thats just as a whole. If we were contemplating appointing another mod then we'd look at how they behave on the forum.

I already said, i understand she wants to help. But you wont get anywhere by asking to be one when that isnt the way people are chosen to be moderators.

Oh wow, I never thought of that. That makes total sense!! *palmface* (or whatever it is Vic says.) That thread got way out of hand anyway, oh well. Everything I do is wrong anyway. :rotfl: I'll just stick to spamming and Shernie.