Amp question! IMPORTANT!!! HELP!!!

rexhi

Hi!!! I`m new in the forum, well frist things first, i HAve an IBANEZ GRG 150 BKN and a LANEY mod LX12 10W (amp) and i wnat to cover songs of paramore like, crush crush crush, thats what you get , and well i dont know how to set my amp, plz help me send me the right setting for that amp PLEASE!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Try plugging your cord into your guitar, then put the other end in the amp. Then, if not done already, plug the amp into an electric outlet.

(You could have asked this in the gear thread or something.)

^ Hey now, be nice. He's new.

Moving this to the Musicians forum. I'm sure you'll find better help there than you will in the Comments, Suggestions, Questions and Help forum.

Try these settings out for now, I found them through a random Google search: Treble 10, Mid around 7 or 8, and Bass at 5 or 6. If you're not happy with those...

of Josh giving a walk-through of his gear.

The video's about two years old, but he points out that he has a Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead head and also a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. If you can find any recommendations online about how to best imitate those amps, that might work.

I have a cheap-o Line 6 Spider III 15, and Line 6 swears that the Metal setting on that amp is set to sound like the Dual Rectifier, and it does indeed sound close enough to Paramore's live sound that if I screw around with the treble and bass a little bit, I'm happy enough playing that way.

I'm first and foremost a bass player, so I hope there's an actual guitarist here who can help you out. Good luck!

For the Vox? I'm gonna upgrade to the new VT series. 8 channels!

No, for my Line 6, but when I Googled the Vox AD Series, the first thing that came up was the footswitch, and I remembered I need one for my amp. lol

thank you so much!!! and can I' ask one more thing? plz I'd like to get the exact tabs or chords for those two songs, pls!!!!!

This is a pretty good crushcrushcrush tab. The lead part at the end is kind of off, but the rest looks good.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/paramore/crushcrushcrush_ver4_tab.htm

Ultimate-Guitar.com is my favorite place to find tabs, so any time you need tabs, try there.

^ Yeah, I know. Nobody likes Line 6. It's not my favorite either, but I was just looking for a cheap amp at the time. I realised my mistake a little too late. Maybe if I feel like it this summer, I'll trade it in and get something better.