Flood Of Red

hayleh

this band have been around a good while, but they've kind of changed their sound a bit and have just released their first album. it's actually brilliant, and they're selling it for just $1 on their website - http://www.floodofred.co.uk

check them out - http://www.myspace.com/floodofred

"like elephants" and "a place before the end" are probably my favorite tracks that are up on the myspace. totally haven't stopped listening to the cd all day :)

oh, you've seen them live? class!

they're kind of local to me but to be honest i never bothered with them before cos i didn't like their previous sound. i'm well into this new stuff though. the intro song is probably my favorite on the cd. i've been playing it over and over all day :lol:

Well, kinda, they only played a 30 minute set :P That's cool :) I might have to get that $1 is a bargain.. trying to figure out why it's a dollar and not 60p though :P

The site that runs it is American. Or it's just how they work, I can't remember why.

I see them about at a lot of the gigs I go to haha.

:lol: Just read this :

Right, reason why I don't like them.

InMe have been my favourite band for as long as I can remember. I've seen them live countless times, and had the pleasure of meeting/having a drink with them on a few occasions, and they are the nicest people you can meet.

Well, a few years ago, there was a small indoor festival in England (can't remember the name or the venue). InMe and Flood Of Red were both on the bill. InMe were top of the bill, they were headlining the festival. Well, the promoter made a terrible mistake and booked too many bands to play, so a lot of bands had to cut their sets short. InMe couldn't cut short because they were headlinging, and as they were contracted to headline, they had to play a complete headline set. So because of this fuck up by the promoter, Flood Of Red had to cut a few songs.

Well, Flood Of Red decided upon themselves that this was all InMe's fault, and wanted revenge as they were jealous that InMe didn't have to cut songs. So whilst watching InMe's set, someone from Flood Of Red (don't know which one), pissed in an empty pint glass, and lobbed it right in the singer of InMe's face mid-song, getting him, the stage and half the crowd all covered in piss. Dave (InMe), decided to keep playing through it for the fans. This member of Flood Of Red recorded it, and put it on youtube, and repeated the pint hitting Dave in the face, over and over again in slow motion whilst laughing like a little kid in the background.

This was just the most immature thing I have ever heard of in my entire life, especially from a professional band trying to make it big in the industry. Made all the worse by the fact it wasn't InMe's fault they had to cut their set short. Many InMe fans sent written complaints to their tour management and record label. They made me ashamed to be Scottish.

Anyway, that's my rant over! Sorry about that lol

I'd like to make clear, I have a problem with Flood Of Red, NOT their fans :)

Niceee :P

You made him cry? :lol:

Yup!

They played at a bar we goto and we were pissed as we were expecting a better band and they came on before some girl band (that used to do a xtina cover) and they had an attitude so we started shouting at them and throwing shit at them and eventually the guy started blubbing and the girl from the other band came on and asked us to stop picking on them :rotfl:

Yup!

They played at a bar we goto and we were pissed as we were expecting a better band and they came on before some girl band (that used to do a xtina cover) and they had an attitude so we started shouting at them and throwing shit at them and eventually the guy started blubbing and the girl from the other band came on and asked us to stop picking on them :rotfl:

:rotfl: Nice! :rotfl: