Music Recommendations: Week 6 Faith (hubabalou)

hubabalou

Well, Ross and I were talking, and since Kailey hasn't posted her recommendations, and now its technically my week to post, I'm going to go and she can post hers later. I hope thats okay with everyone.

So here we go.

Ocean Is Theory

http://www.myspace.com/oceanistheory

oit04.jpg

Ocean Is Theory is a four-piece indie alternative band hailing from the great city of Marietta, Georgia. Though they’re classified as an alternative act, there is an obviously overwhelming experimental vibe throughout their pieces. They put their first EP “Into the Mouth of Lions” out in May of 2008 and toured most of the east coast on those five songs for the next year. After going into the studio in early 2009, the guys put out their second EP “In My Blood Again” in September. The original sound given on “Lions” had been striped away and “Blood” showed a whole new side of the band. Their old sound that was on the brink of post-hardcore has now shifted to reflect sounds similar to that of Brand New, Thrice, and mewithoutYOU.

Lorien

http://www.myspace.com/lorien

l_d663c1c0d57247b593fe3975bc28cb7d.jpg

Lorien is probably one of Nashville’s best kept secrets. The five-piece indie band has a sound that is beyond refreshing in a world of over-processed pop rock. The band’s beginnings were small, starting as a simple project while in college. But after winning a extremely prestigious showcase hosted by the university, the band began to take off. With an EP “The Ghost in the Parlor” under their belts, they went into the studio to record a full length. In February of 2009 “Esque” was released, boasting 12 beautifully constructed tracks. A collision of piano, guitar and bass, along with dueling vocals give this band a very unique sound.

The Record Kid

http://www.myspace.com/therecordkid

Picture1-2.png

Original called Love Takes Flight, The Record Kid is another band from the great city of Marietta, Georgia that is definitely making waves in the local scene. Composed of six friends that had been a mix of many bands before, The Record Kid formed in March of 2008 and basically immediately headed into the studio to work on recording an album. Starting in May the six piece worked to get a strong album put together, but after their label went under, the boys had to reevaluate everything. A year later, in May of 2009, The Record Kid released their first full length “Stories” independently. The guys take their cues from bands like Jimmy Eat World, The Juliana Theory and Acceptance.

I have no videos for them. lol