Music Recommendation Week 13: Guro

Guro

So, this is late. But never late than never, right?

Anyways, I thought I'd introduce you guys to some Norwegian bands as I don't think you guys listen to a lot of Norwegian bands. Let's see.

John Snow

2917_77258448699_55426743699_1624382_727835_n.jpg

John Snow is a poprock(at least that's what they say they are ;p) band from Skien. These guys are really young and really talented. They all go/went to my school actually :) They were formed in a McDonalds restaurant in Prague in 2008, but in early 2009 their latest member joined. They have just released their first EP, it was recorded in Ireland. And Tre Sheppard was the producer. I've seen them live two times, and they're really good :) + they're awesome guys! So check them out :D Their EP is available on iTunes now.

Myspace

Youtube video of some performances in 2009

Good Enough Live(not sure if this works, since it's from facebook)

Pony the Pirate

Pony_the_Pirate.jpg

These guys were the 2008 winners of something called "Urørt" which is a Norwegian competition for artists. Each year, people can vote on who they want to win. And they get played a lot on a radio channel here. Their debut CD came out earlier this year and is called "Psychopedia", it's really good :D So you should check these guys out too ;)

Myspace

Official site

Donkey Boy

l_66d188baa3064d5ab81179d029e42c49.jpg

Donkeyboy is a pop band from Drammen, Norway, formed in 2005. They were kind of like the big music phenomena in Norway in 2009. They had two major hits here called "Ambitions" and "Sometimes". Donkeyboy got signed to Warner Music after an employee came across their music on MySpace. "Ambitions" debuted on the Norwegian singles chart at #7 on April 6, 2009, and reached the #1 spot on June 29, after 13 weeks on the charts. "Ambitions" remained at the #1 spot for twelve consecutive weeks, before being replaced by the band's second single "Sometimes" on September 22. This was the first time ever for a Norwegian artist to occupy the top two spots on the singles chart. I've seen these guys live once too(John Snow opened for them) and it was pretty awesome. They are really energetic on stage, and they were awesome clothes, haha.

Myspace

Ambitions music video

Sometimes live

Enjoy!