Brazil's animals are in very serious, very immediate danger.

musicjunkie88

The ONLY nationwide law making animal cruelty a crime is under threat, affecting all pets and all farm animals. Please help ensure it is not overturned!

Some politicians view animal protection as inconvenient, rather than essential for a compassionate society. They are campaigning hard for this bill. We need you to help us ensure animal cruelty remains criminal.

If Bill 4548 passes:

Brazil will have no set nationwide penalties for animal abuse, meaning cruelty to dogs, cats, horses and many other species will be consequence free.

Animal lovers and advocates who report a dog being beaten or a horse being starved will see little or no action taken. These acts of cruelty and more will no longer be criminal offences throughout Brazil.

You can read more here:http://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=24&ea.campaign.id=5818&ea.param.extras=Source:e-action

Please sign the petition ....it's very important that this bill is not overturned.

They can infact have an affect. as I said before, WSPCA international is a very legit/widely known organization. It's through their website that this petition is being conducted. How else is an international organization going to obtain signatures for a global petition?! Go door to door? :roll:

I never said you did. But like how can something as outrageously horrific be taken in a light-hearted fashion? just sayin'.

How can a bill which has absolutely no guarantee of passing in a country I don't live in which has no direct bearing on me be taken in a light-hearted manner? Maybe cause I'm one of silly, backwards, folk you keep hearing about that think what's life without a little humour to make my day just that little bit brighter. I (let alone, Andrew) have said not one thing saying we agree with the bill. All Andrew said was that Facebook groups and ePetitions have, thus far, only proved, relatively, fruitful in the entertainment market. Then all I done was continue his motion in a manner which was intended to show support for not passing the bill. I don't see where this grand vilification is coming from.

There are a lot of topics that can be used to get a "little bit of humour from", but to me this isn't one of them. like it's a pretty serious issue. and anyway, as I said before, I didn't say you condoned it. All I said was that it's not exactly a light-hearted issue. and if you don't think signing it will do anything, then don't sign, simple as. There are a lot of things people protest against, is it guaranteed that them protesting/petitioning will change the world or whatever? No. But if everyone thought like that a lotta things today would probably be very different.

Is it guaranteed signing this petition will do anything positive? Nope. But those of us that have signed it, want to try, as it's something we feel strongly about. That's pretty much it.

I'm against animal cruelty but I know my vote won't make any difference. If the Brazilian government are going to do this, then they're going to do this whether some guy in Wales doesn't want them to do it or not.

hundreds of people from all over the globe have signed already.