Persons Unknown

Dustin

Anyone watch this show? It's only on it's 4th episode tonight. It's a mini series on NBC for the summer. I've been watching and I'm totally hooked. It asks many questions like LOST, but isn't a deserted island...it's more like an unknown kidnapper traps 7 people in an eerie randomly built town in the middle of nowhere, and he/she is constantly watching them with thousands of cameras and plots them against each other and does sick things. It reminds me of Saw, but in a more mystery-solving kind of way, not meant for gore or anything.

It sounds like crap when I explain it but if you watch the episodes, I find it to be rad. Anyone here watch this? I need someone to share theories with haha.

Info: http://www.nbc.com/persons-unknown/

NBC has the episodes streaming. The latest episode isn't yet since it just aired tonight, but it should be up by tomorrow. But I suggest starting from the beginning anyway. Let me know what you think if you decide to watch it!

started watching this because it seemed the most promising out of a poor bunch of summer tv. completely hooked, only 2 in. marvelous.

EDIT - just finished the fourth. oooh my my my, how juicy. Damn actually watching a series at the time of it's release, a week's wait is too long...

The last 60 seconds of the 4th episode freaked me out haha. Like, the most important part yet happened so fast and at the very end, I was like "what the...!!!!!" haha

• 4 weeks later...

Tom's death happened so quickly, it was actually a bit humorous. That microwave thing must not be as powerful as I though because otherwise Joe would have been toast. Charlie is cool. How did Joe disappear like that? Janet must be really confused. Twinkle twinkle little star was a nice choice for background music in the preview, but it worked SO much better in the Dead Space previews. Inception is amazing.

Hahaha I love how you put "Inception is amazing" at the end of your post.

And my guess is that Joe got snatched away in the bathroom because he said that Tom's deal left some holes that make this "organization" vulnerable and give them an opportunity to escape. So they had to dispose of Joe before he said anymore about how they could get the heck out of that place.

i reckon Joe didn't get 'snatched' and he went to the bathroom intentionally - i can't remember it specifically but he was acting kinda shady (ain't callin' me baby) when he was saying he was gonna run the bath (which filled up awfully quick, just btw). I don't know how or where he's gone but i don't think he got snatched.

Tom getting deaded was gross, just as a side note. gross gross gross.

• 2 weeks later...

So about Saturday's episode. Some questions:

Is Tori dead? Is Joe just seeing her in his mind, or is she really alive, and a part of the program all along?

And is Maura really into that soldier guy? I mean, I know they have been buddy buddy this whole time, but I just don't see them as a couple. (random haha)

i think the tori in joe's hallucinations was perhaps just a hallucination, it was just a bit too perfect if you get me - i little too clinical for her to just have accepted it that quickly. however, i think tori's still alive... the reporter and girly are running around looking for her, seeming pretty convinced that she is still alive, and it'd be a whole lot of wasted effort if she wasn't for the most part haha! i don't know, there's nothing particularly concrete to say either way... but i think perhaps if they do indeed end up part of this 'programme' once they make it 'through' then it'd give the whole thing a purpose; a point that we haven't seen yet. however, only a few more episode until the end now so i imagine answers are going to come streaming along in lost-esque fashion !

and yeah i agree, maura and soldier guy definitely a weird, weird mixture... not something i think the show really needs. whilst we're on the topic, the whole joe/janet thing actually really annoys me haha, i know it's supposed to give this desperate-love-that-conquers-all-despite-circumstances dimension, it just seems a bit overplayed and bit... not unnecessary but i can't think of a word right now so that'll do.

also, what's going to be the deal with blackam now he's such an outsider and trying to 'prove himself' and whatnot to the cameras ? he's clearly going to be the next to go, i just wonder how.

also also, erika creeps me the fuck out, just sayin :willy_nilly:

i'm not very awake so i should have waited until morning until i thought rambling thoughts all over this post but let's go for it ! haha.

@Jorgi

I don't think Blackman is going to go yet. This episode was about him having nothing. No purpose, no life, no family. That's EXACTLY what is perfect for a dedicated member of the program. He has nothing BUT the program. He now realizes that it is the only thing he has in life, and it must mean it's where his future lies. I think we'll see his character really develop in the next episode.

And yea, the whole Janet and Joe thing irks me as well, but I just accepted it haha.

@Scott

I really thought you were going to say something negative about this episode until I read your spoiler, hahaha. Well played!

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the most recent episode...okay, a few things...

That last part was creepy! I'm curious how they are gonna end it all with one more episode. The thumb part was weird, but so smart! I wonder who those dead people were though. Maybe past subjects? since Joe said they flush the town sometimes. Overall not a bad episode, but no plot twists like before

...and hey! There's an 11th episode online only. I'll watch that now. :D

Watched both episodes.

Kinda crazy how things are coming together. It will surely be an interesting finale. But what I don't get is Joe. Wasn't he re-programmed? But he broke the weird programming spell he was under, and now he remembers again? So if he does, why isn't The Program doing anything to fix him again? They just seemed to stop caring about the whole idea of The Program unfolding and basically told the subjects everything, and now they know all about who knows what, and why things are happening the way they are, etc. Kinda contradicting to how things started out as 100% secrecy. But I do like all the drama and stuff that's going on. Can't wait for the last episode!