Inception

Scott!

I saw this movie on Saturday....WOW. JUST WOW. It's so complex yet simply amazing. The way everything was delivered made sense and it did not seem cluttered. I loved every part of this movie and I recommend you go see it...unless you don't like to think during movies. :)

inception-poster-trip.jpg

My favorite movie of all time. I also can't get enough of this site: http://www.inceptiontheories.com/forums/forum.php

After seeing the movie, I thought I understood MOST of it. I knew I would be confused about some things, but after reading other people's theories, it made me realize there's hundreds of things that could have been real or a dream, or different parts of a dream, etc. which could change the whole movie that easily. It seems that even after seeing the movie, it is still rewriting itself every time I think of a new possibly theory. Something so slight could be different, and it changes the whole plot of the movie, and what everything means. It's amazing how much this movie makes me think, and I love it.

• Like 1

When I walked out of the theater, I was emotionally drained and all I could think about was "what just happened?" I was a bit unsure at first, but now I'm absolutely certain that this is my favorite movie of all time. I haven't seen anything like it and I'm glad I experienced it.

The scene that haunts me the most is the last scene when everyone wakes up on the plane. I can't stop thinking about it. It must have been because it was an ending to a huge journey which was so intense and had such depth. Mixed with the amazing soundtrack, this final scene really stuck with me. I want to believe that everyone woke up and Cobb was finally home, but something tells me he stayed in Limbo and never woke up from it. There's also other theories where the whole thing was Cobb in Limbo and Ariadne was sent in to retrieve him. (this has to do with her name and the correlations in Greek Mythology)

I really can't describe it at all. You must see it.

@Scott

(warning, spoilers)

But even more bone-chilling than everyone waking up on the plane is the confusion of whether or not they were really waking up from a dream, or just in another dream. Notice how the spinning top didn't fall at the end of the movie. We don't know if it ever did fall, but when the scene cut to black at the end, it was spinning and spinning, hinting that maybe Cobb was still in Limbo, which is the sad reality that maybe he never got back to his family and now he has to suffer through Limbo all over again. OR he really is alive and the ending is happy. But then where did everyone else wake up if he was really still dreaming? Or was the whole movie a dream itself? There's no answers, and the movie was made to specifically be this way, so there was no right or wrong answer, but it's amazing how many possibilities there are. Phenomenal.

@Scott

(warning, spoilers)

But even more bone-chilling than everyone waking up on the plane is the confusion of whether or not they were really waking up from a dream, or just in another dream. Notice how the spinning top didn't fall at the end of the movie. We don't know if it ever did fall, but when the scene cut to black at the end, it was spinning and spinning, hinting that maybe Cobb was still in Limbo, which is the sad reality that maybe he never got back to his family and now he has to suffer through Limbo all over again. OR he really is alive and the ending is happy. But then where did everyone else wake up if he was really still dreaming? Or was the whole movie a dream itself? There's no answers, and the movie was made to specifically be this way, so there was no right or wrong answer, but it's amazing how many possibilities there are. Phenomenal.

Yeah, but it was mostly the cinematography of that scene that got me. It was as if nothing happened, but you know all that they had to go through. As for the ending, I currently believe Cobb stayed in Limbo and everyone else made it out safely. It would have been nice for everyone to make it out, but the top thing and the whole dreamy feel to the last scenes make me think he was dreaming that. I don't really like the theory of everything being a dream, but it's very possible. The whole theme was that it is hard to distinguish reality and dreams, especially when the dreams are happening, so that was done very well.

It was awesome :D Not as good as Toy Story 3 though :oops:

@Scott

(warning, spoilers)

So if it stopped spinning he wasn't in limbo? I think I got a little confused there. I had a feeling that the whole thing was going to be a 'dream' either way, it just seems like one of those films. I agree with the fact that there is no real 'right' way to view the film as well. Leaves hundreds of hours of debating :P

It was awesome :D Not as good as Toy Story 3 though :oops:

So if it stopped spinning he wasn't in limbo? I think I got a little confused there. I had a feeling that the whole thing was going to be a 'dream' either way, it just seems like one of those films. I agree with the fact that there is no real 'right' way to view the film as well. Leaves hundreds of hours of debating :P

yeah if it keeps spinning, it means it's a dream, because that can't happen in real life. but if it falls, it means it's real. But the last scene cut to black before you could tell what the top would do. It seemed to be spinning for a rather LONG time before the scene cut to black, though, implying to people that Cobb was stuck in Limbo and that he doesn't know it. So in the end, you really don't know what is to happen after that last scene. But Chris Nolan plants a seed in your mind to make you think of what happened to Cobb, about being stuck in Limbo. And THAT is Chris Nolan's OWN INCEPTION TO YOU! freaky, right?

Catie, you have to see this movie its great!

How do you write the ol' "Spoiler" stuff, I wanna see what you think of my alternative ending suggestion :D

this:

[spoiler]stuff[/spoiler]

yeah if it keeps spinning, it means it's a dream, because that can't happen in real life. but if it falls, it means it's real. But the last scene cut to black before you could tell what the top would do. It seemed to be spinning for a rather LONG time before the scene cut to black, though, implying to people that Cobb was stuck in Limbo and that he doesn't know it. So in the end, you really don't know what is to happen after that last scene. But Chris Nolan plants a seed in your mind to make you think of what happened to Cobb, about being stuck in Limbo. And THAT is Chris Nolan's OWN INCEPTION TO YOU! freaky, right?

Ahh okay. I thought that it was spinning 'forever' but it looked like it was starting to wobble!

Ahh okay. I thought that it was spinning 'forever' but it looked like it was starting to wobble!

There is no right or wrong answer. There's hundreds of things that could have happened, but might have not happened in the movie. Nolan leaves it up to you to draw your own conclusion. Nolan has is own "correct" answer, but he won't tell anyone, because all the fun is trying to find your own answer to the movie. It's a genius idea, actually, because not only does it put you on an adventure through your mind, but each time you think of the movie, the actual story may change every time you come up with a new theory, so in a sense, you are re-seeing the movie over and over even after you watched it just once. It also gets a lot of nice PR and hype in an advertising/marketing sense :P lol

it was fucking amazing! bloody brilliant movie!

i was so sure the spinning top fell over at the end! but when it didn't i was just sitting there with a "wtf?" look on my face. same when they all woke up in the plane.

i want to see it again!