The Event

sandra

It started over here on Monday, me and my friends love it. We couldnt wait one week so we downloaded the episodes thats alreay out in the states.

"The Event is an emotional, high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter, "The Class"), an everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his would-be fiancée Leila (Sarah Roemer, "Disturbia"), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history.

Sean's quest will send ripples through the lives of an eclectic band of strangers, including newly elected U.S. President Elias Martinez (Golden Globe nominee Blair Underwood, "In Treatment"); Sophia Maguire (Emmy Award nominee Laura Innes, "ER"), who is the leader of a mysterious group of detainees; and Leila's shadowy father (Scott Patterson, "Gilmore Girls"). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind"

just copied this of some site, better than me trying to explain it :P

anyone watch it?

I watched it, it was hard to follow and not as good as I had hoped considering all the hype it got during the summer.

As for a comparison to 24... I know the premise of 24 and I guess it's similar. I, personally, have a permanent boycott on 24 because it replaced what was my favorite show, at the time, Boston Public, and even though something was bound to replace what was starting to become a failing show, it pissed me off something fierce because I watched and loved every episode and wanted more.

I hadn't heard of it before this monday so i didnt know it was supposed to be a big hit. Don't think its a rip off of 24 tho, similar yes..but i mean almost all shows are rip offs nowadays. Nothings really original anymore, imo anyway.

agree that it's kind of hard to follow, but i still like it.

• 2 months later...