Green Day and U2 collaborating

whatsername104

i think this is going to be amazing. there was an article on AbsolutePUnk.net, but it seems they took it down. but i found one on MTV.com

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1540475/20060908/green_day.jhtml?headlines=true

i think it's cool how it's for charity as well. and that they're both recording. YES!!

I despise Green Day and I won't get into it at this point because i know i will be glued to my keyboard. U2 aren't as bad, some of their stuff is quite catchy, but i wouldn't say i'm a fan.

So this story gets a big fat 'Meh' from me.

i'm not saying that everyone likes GD, cuz i know they don't, but how many of you like that song "another turning point, a fork stuck in the road ... " cuz thats GD. i never actually knew that till about a year and a half ago (haha i know) but it is. and not many people know that and base off of American Idiot, which i will admit was overplayed and gets on my nerves.

I know exactly what you are talking about that is the only Green Day song i like, but if i'm right i just think it's one of them performing it. I still can't get into their older stuff and American Idiot was terrible i don't know how it got rated highly on some websites i have been on. Maybe i'm just Anti-Green Day its just the way i am.

I know exactly what you are talking about that is the only Green Day song i like, but if i'm right i just think it's one of them performing it. I still can't get into their older stuff and American Idiot was terrible i don't know how it got rated highly on some websites i have been on. Maybe i'm just Anti-Green Day its just the way i am.

the reason American Idiot was held so highly (my opinion) was because it was something someone hadn't attempted to do in a while, and it really challenged a huge topic in American society at the time of it's release (George Bush, Iraq). I agree, some of the older stuff I can't get into as well (i only have International Superits and American Idiot), but they have some great songs. and everything they stand for and work towrads inspires me. it's not only their music why i like them, kinda like Paramore. just 20 years older. :D