Stealth Sounds That Missed the Charts but Merit a Hear

Locomotion

um i found this article yesterday. and actually forgot to post abt it until now that i saw a thread kim made about the band posting this same article on the offcial site. So thxs to kim also.

I didnt like the article that much because lately i been hearing these labels for Paramore, that they are teen-pop and pop-punk.I hate that. Anyways here is the article.

By KELEFA SANNEH

Obscure ain't what it used to be. Thanks to all kinds of online distribution, both legal and il-, it's getting harder to find any music at all that's hard to find. It keeps getting easier for fervent fans of underground acts to find one another, which means it keeps getting easier for casual browsers to find the music, and sample it free. This seems to work especially well for indie-rock acts, and somewhat less well for musicians in genres a little further from the rock-critical mainstream.

And so what you'll find below isn't really a list of the year's 10 best obscurities, or the 10 obscurest bests. Instead it's a list, presented alphabetically, of 10 good or great CD's that arrived in record stores without making much of an impact. Some have found bigger cults than others, but all have been ignored by at least one publication. (Here's a hint: You're reading it.) .....

...PARAMORE, 'ALL WE KNOW IS FALLING' (Fueled by Ramen). The fine line between teen-pop and pop-punk got a little finer with the release of "All We Know Is Falling" by Paramore, a sugary Warped Tour band led by an impressive singer (and, one imagines, a potential star) named Hayley Williams, who will turn 17 next week. One of the best songs, "Whoa," is as infectious as it is self-referential: Ms. Williams declares, "And we've got everybody singing/ Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa." If she's bragging, she's got a right.

and the article actually is bigger, but it talks about other albums; in case ur interested go HERE