A Change of Pace

spaz

Anyone know these guys? One of my favourite bands right now!! But unfortunately they're not gonna be touring in Australia for a while. It's so painful living in Australia sometimes... But one day, my friends.

Think Hit the Lights with harder rocks in it's bag. That amounts to some damn good music :D I mean, who doesn't like rocks in their bag?

Good tracks: Prepare the Masses, Recipe for Disaster, Take Care.

http://www.myspace.com/achangeofpace

Haha yes! They're so amazing but unfortunately not a lot of people know em.

The new album is the best. I'm trying to pick a favourite song of mine but they're all too good...

Who else was in your top 10?

ok, afi was 1, rja was 2, cradle of filth was 3, senses fail 4, the human abstract was 5, all that remains was 6, breaking benjamin was 7, a change of pace was 8, boys like girls was 9, and 10 was shit. i cant remember lol

Haha that's a pretty nice list you've got there - I like your style.

You should check out ACoP's street team thing (it's on their MySpace somewhere down the left side). It's the best street team I've ever seen man, it's amazing. You can win like autographed guitars and posters and shirts and stuff on a point system.

PS. I just got into Senses Fail, and being on your top 10 CDs list I'm gonna go buy it =)

Haha that's a pretty nice list you've got there - I like your style.

You should check out ACoP's street team thing (it's on their MySpace somewhere down the left side). It's the best street team I've ever seen man, it's amazing. You can win like autographed guitars and posters and shirts and stuff on a point system.

PS. I just got into Senses Fail, and being on your top 10 CDs list I'm gonna go buy it =)

yea that was my list for 06. so we will see how 07 pans out. im betting paramore hits the tops for this year. just a guess tho.

and yea, i like alot of metal as well as my other shit. i actually started out as a metal boy, but once high school hit i opened up to punk, and shit. ive also always had a thing for rap which most ppl dont believe haha. i just love it i guess. same with pop music and even some country lol. but yea. cradle of filth, THA and all that remains were great albums this year. but afi and rja were the top two imo. and yea senses fail blew me away with this release. they were always just average imo, but with this album. omg. so good.

The songs on their MySpace are in no way their best work, unfortunately. Personally I prefered more of their album tracks rather than their 'singles'.

But to each their own, maybe they'll win you over next time ;)

I started out as a pop kid - think boy bands from the 90s. But as I grew up a little and got some senses (particularly a sense of hearing) I grew into liking powerpop and then gradually got into punk, screamo, emo (real emo, not this trashy crap that's around now) and a little hardcore.

Right now I'm addicted to Parkway Drive and The Chariot. I'm just in the mood for screaming and noise. But I mostly like punk, emo and screamo.

i think weekend warriors is the worst song on their myspace. well at least the last time i checked it was. they had take care and shoot from the hip with weekend warriors and both those songs dominate.

as for me, im a metal kid. always used to make fun of the emo, pop, punk kids. i was the goth kid who didnt dress goth lol. prime example, i just saw cradle of filth tonight. yes they are devil worshippers and no that doesnt make me one. i just happen to love their music.

oh oh and i met some quite lovely goth girls who stood behind me. one had weird contacts in and i asked her if she wanted me to toss her into the pit and she laughed and said no thank u. the other one who was like amazingly pretty gave me a big hug when "her ghost in the fog" started and we sang it together. or should i say screamed it together haha. twas a fun night and i met like mad amounts of cool unholy ppl. although they prolly wouldnt have liked me as much if theyd have known im a devoted christian lol. oh well. not like the topic ever came up in conversation = )

new ppl are fun.

wow way off topic, but everyone else was doing it. lol

HAHA "Everyone else was doing it..."

Yeah I agree, Weekend Warriors is definately not their best work and they could do a lot more with Take Care or The Thin Red Line (that's the song that got me) up there. Although looking at it now Take Care is there. Should be up the top...

I think it's awesome that you're a devoted Christian (I am too) but I find most metal too scary for my wimpiness. Sometimes I'm in the mood for it though, but all the murderous messages and stuff really freak me out. It's really fun to meet new people but I think I can come across as really weird (so I don't get to meet new people)

I'm pretty heavily an emo and punk kid, but I don't do the whole scene thing. I'm in it because the music is amazing - not because emo's the trend of the season and it's gonna get me cool status. And as an emo kid I'm pretty distraught at the current spitting and pissing on my favoured music.

But somehow, even though I'm an emo kid I still make fun of them.

Speaking of punk, Anti-Flag's new album disappointed me so badly. I almost cried when I heard it, I didn't even listen the whole way through.

yea. im definitely a metal kid. last night was so fun. like all the weird ppl. actually i shouldnt even say weird, cuz im like just as frooty as all them lol. but hanging out with girls that had cat eyes and dominatrix outfits standing right next to me. that was so awesome. i hit on them cuz i figured id never be able to hit on ppl like that again lol.

wicked fun. loved it.

Fruity people are much more fun then stupid normal people. I'm seemingly normal, then bam, I'll lick a snail.

Not really, that'd be disgusting, but for some reason that was the only example of could think of.

I think I'd be scared to hit on people with cat eyes and dominatrix outfits. Partically cause I just don't hit on people, partically cause I've grown up in a family where goth is just... no. My mum's had talks to me about how she doesn't like it and all this other stuff before. And everytime I listen to hardcore she comes in my room all scared and goes "What are you listening to?!?!"

It's a little funny.

Hahaha how old are you?

I woke up this morning and ran outta bed all in a panic, then I got into the kitchen and my mum's all freaked out going "WHAT? WHAT?" And I just stood there and go "Uhhh I'm hungry..."

It was so trippy... and I'm still hungry and therefore feel sick.

Hahaha how old are you?

I woke up this morning and ran outta bed all in a panic, then I got into the kitchen and my mum's all freaked out going "WHAT? WHAT?" And I just stood there and go "Uhhh I'm hungry..."

It was so trippy... and I'm still hungry and therefore feel sick.

lmao. im 20, my mom is 40. she grew up liking metallica, sex pistols, megadeth, etc. so i sorta teach her now since she taught me when i was younger.

Haha that's cool.

My mum always complains that my music is melodicless and "takes no talent" (which, as a musician I really hate) It can be really awful at times, I can never have my music nice and loud. So when she's not home I always overcompensate.

It's 1:00pm and I still haven't eaten breakfast - my sister and I have been playing games all day, cause we're really healthy and all like that.

Haha yeah, we're just in our own little world now... But as soon as people wanting to talk about ACoP come in and post some stuff we'll probably steer more onto topic.

But it's cool, it's fun to get to know members of boards a little more personally. Then you feel a bit more at ease around the boards (but with your beastly 6000+ posts I'm sure you're fine :P)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...