My Recomendation

marcus

i recommend anything by blink-182, or related bands, such as Boxcar Racer, +44, or Angels & Airwaves, since they were the first band that i really because obsessed with. i'm even known as "the kid who likes blink" by some at school :lol:

i have all of their albums and singles, so if theres anything you want me to upload, just ask me ;-)

Umm just a question does +44 sound like the other bands I have never heard them..

they sound similar, since you've still got mark on bass/vocals and travis still on drums, but they are a bit darker in terms of lyrics

would you like me to upload their album for you?

i LOOOOVE blink 182. ever since i first saw the Dammit video on MTV in 1997, i was hooked. even 10 years later, i still listen to them just as much as i did then. i too have all of their albums, singles, rare stuff, concert bootlegs, demos, etc etc etc. yesss!

Box Car Racer ruled too. not as much as blink, but they ruled. i saw them when they came to Salt Lake City on their tour and i was able to get ahold of their set list. i even knocked on Travis' tour bus, but i got in trouble by one of his security dudes... haha. it was cool though.

and i love AVA and Plus 44 about the same amount....not a lot at all though, by any means. i don't have any plans on seeing either of them live, sadly... both were a really big disappointment to me. but if i had to choose between them, Plus 44 would be my choice.

i wish God would kick Tom in the ass and tell him to get back in shape and reunite blink 182. that is the only thing the world really needs right now :)

check out this sweet Blink 182 mix i made! but keep in mind that there are a lot of songs that i wish i could have put on, but its only an 80 minute cd-r

01 dammit

02 what's my age again?

03 anthem, pt. 2

04 always

05 apple shampoo

06 mother's day

07 enthused

08 going away to college

09 21 days

10 josie

11 dumpweed

12 man overboard

13 feeling this

14 wasting time

15 stay together for the kids

16 family reunion

17 time to break up

18 emo

19 m+m's

20 i won't be home for christmas

21 obvious

22 what went wrong

23 please take me home

24 mutt

25 carousel

26 everytime i look for you

27 not now

check out this sweet Blink 182 mix i made! but keep in mind that there are a lot of songs that i wish i could have put on, but its only an 80 minute cd-r

01 dammit

02 what's my age again?

03 anthem, pt. 2

04 always

05 apple shampoo

06 mother's day

07 enthused

08 going away to college

09 21 days

10 josie

11 dumpweed

12 man overboard

13 feeling this

14 wasting time

15 stay together for the kids

16 family reunion

17 time to break up

18 emo

19 m+m's

20 i won't be home for christmas

21 obvious

22 what went wrong

23 please take me home

24 mutt

25 carousel

26 everytime i look for you

27 not now

thats a pretty sweet list but i would have taken out mothers day and family reunion for story of a lonely guy :P

disagreed.

well, dont get me wrong, i do think that the only thing that the world needs right now, but if there was a reunion, it would be a totally different and maybe even worse blink than we remember

and also, we cant blame the blink breakup solely on tom; we will never know the truth and what happened

we cant blame the blink breakup solely on tom; we will never know the truth and what happened

yes we can blame Tom for the break up. Mark and Travis talked about what happened, and Tom has said many times that he left Blink, blah blah blah.

PS: Story of a Lonely Guy is an awesome song and it is definitely one i wish i could have put on the actual cd. BUT to me Blink isn't just full length songs. their short songs (i.e. Family Reunion and Mother's Day) are just as Blink as their album songs, ya know? does that make sense? hahaha... also on the cd, i have a couple of the random talking from their Mark, Tom and Travis Show cd. i used like 3 of them as interludes haha. that's what they were all about.

god, i miss them...

PPS: when you're saying that they might be bad if they reunited, i don't think so. I think if you combined AVA and +44, you would have Blink. it would sound like their last album pretty much. which would be perfect.

but imagine this... a BLINK 182 REUNION!!!! that shit would be HUUUUUGE!!!!!

yes we can blame Tom for the break up. Mark and Travis talked about what happened, and Tom has said many times that he left Blink, blah blah blah.

again, we dont know who is telling the truth and not. travis never gave a part to the story. all we know is that they had a big argument and according to mark, which sounds a bit exaggerated, tom left without saying anything. also, consider this: tom wasnt enjoying working in blink anymore. would you continue to do what you didnt enjoy when you could stop and work on something you like? not all bands stay together forever

PPS: when you're saying that they might be bad if they reunited, i don't think so. I think if you combined AVA and +44, you would have Blink. it would sound like their last album pretty much. which would be perfect.

it wouldnt be very good, because the atmosphere between mark, tom and travis would be verry bitter. too much tension to make a good record and i dont think the damage can be repaired

tom isnt solely to blame

no, he really is to blame. he quit. therefore blink ended. that's that.

and some bands DO live forever. Aerosmith, Kiss, U2, Rolling Stones... i could go on and on. they've been around like 20 or 30 years longer than Blink. some bands that are still playing today have been playing since before the Blink boys were even born. hahaha

but marcus, i know you're trying to not point fingers at any specific person, but if it wasn't for Tom leaving Blink 182, they'd still be around. maybe not forever and ever, but they'd at least be alive today. ya know?

i wouldn't really care about their break up as much if it all ended on good terms, but it didn't. Mark and Travis wanted to keep it going. they were 100% for Blink, but Tom threw it all off and ended it.

• 4 months later...