Hanson

atarriff

Sorry if there is already a thread about them. I doubt it. Before you laugh know the boys are not the same little boys who looked like girls ten years ago and ran around like crazy singing 'MMMBop'. They matured incredably, developing into amazig musicians. They never disappeared...they still been a band, puting out three more records.

This Time Around, released in 2001, was fantastic. It showed so much maturity and voice changes (lol) from their 1997 hits, where Taylor was i think 14 and Zac was 11.

Underneath, released in 2004, was not as good as This Time Around, in my opinion, but still an AMAZING record and a worhtwhile band. The band struggled greatly with their record lable, Island Def Jam, during this album and broke away form 3CG records on their own to release this album. Their documentary on the matter, Strong Enough To Break, is now avaliable for free in peices on the Taking The Walk PodCast on iTunes.

The Walk, coming July 24th, is the best album of their career. I know because I own the Japan release that hit Japanese stores in February. All the songs can be heard on their website or on youtube. For any type of music lover it is a worthy buy. A free podcast is avaliable on iTunes (Taking The Walk) documenting the song writing process as well as their trip to South Africa. In Africa the boys recorded a few songs with an african childrens choir. Their first single, The Great Divide (about the struggles of HIV/AIDS) is avaliable on iTunes. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO A HOSPITAL IN SOWETA, SOUTH AFRICA WHICH FOCUSES ON MOTHER TO CHILD TRANSMISSION OF HIV. Get it. Its a great song and a great cause.

ooookay now that i've gotten that all down, my fingers hurt :P But really, check out the music on iTunes or on hanson.net. Get the podcast (it's free so what the hell?) on iTunes and please enjoy. Wheather you are giggling right now or if you have never heard of hanson, check 'em out. They are some of the best musicians out there.

They really have matured as a band. I have The Walk already too, but I haven't listened to it that much. "Great Divide" is an amazing song though.

They're playing up by me soon, actually.

I actually thought they sucked a lot back in the day but that's because I thought that the Spice Girls were the most amazing thing ever...they still are (aside from Paramore of course :) ) but I like Hanson now. Underneath was actually my favorite one so far but I haven't heard The Walk yet. My bestest friend and I want to go to their hometown show whenever they decide to have it...