San Antonio, TX Warped

tragedienne

Thought I'd share my experience. Sorry for the wall of text.. but there's a lot to cover. ;-)

----------------

Got there at like 12:10 (gates opened at 12) and I was in line walking up to security with my tickets and my huge-ass drawing in a glass frame (definitely didn't think that would get past security). Surprisingly they let me bring the frame in so that was cool.

So once I'm inside I make my way over to the tour buses and use my MSL VIP wristband thing to get in that area. I ended up walking past the buses and was making my way up the stairs to the back of a stage when a woman stopped me and was like "wow did you draw that?". I responded with "yeah, I'm actually trying to get this to Paramore right now so I don't have to carry it around, would you happen to know where they are?" and she told me they might be getting lunch and to follow her into the "lunch building". So, I followed her and she had me wait inside near the door while she looked around in the lunch room. While I'm standing there I notice Meg & Dia standing across from me waiting for lunch.. but I didn't talk to them because I thought it'd be a bit weird talking to them while they're getting lunch. Anyway, the chick comes back and tells me they aren't in here but to wait outside of the door and see if they come because they haven't gotten lunch yet. So, I go outside and set my drawing down on a huge box of merch and begin texting out of boredom. A while later (still texting) I hear "Hey, awesome shirt" and I look up to see the guy who started To Write Love On Her Arms (I was wearing a twloha shirt.. haha). So I was like "oh, thanks! it's so great to meet you" and I shook his hand and we started talking. By the end of the convo he ends up asking me what I'm waiting for and I told him I'm waiting for Paramore.. and he informs me that they're about to do an exclusive backstage acoustic show for some contest winners and someone probably brought them lunch already.

I end up leaving the lunch area, walking back down the stairs and when I'm making my way out of the VIP area I see Paramore (all four of 'em) walking my way with their assistant tour manager dude. Talk about good timing. I walked up to them and looked at Josh and asked "Hey, you guys busy?" and he told me they were heading to do an acoustic show. They all kinda stopped when they saw I was holding a big frame and I then said "Oh, well I've been wanting to give this drawing I did to you guys.. can you take it now?" and I flipped the frame around and held the drawing up so they could see. Hayley was so funny.. "DUDE. NO WAY. YOU DREW THAT?!" Haha. They were all like O_O which was amusing. Hayley came up to me and gave me a big hug and then Josh, Zac, and Jeremy did the same. They're so sweet. I stood there talking with them for a bit longer then we headed our separate ways.

The only other band I wanted to see were Meg&Dia and they didn't come on 'til 4:45 so I got a chance to shop around at the merch tents. I finally found Paramore's and bought a shirt (the black one with "RIOT!" all over it). I then found Meg&Dia's merch tent and noticed Dia standing next to it taking pictures with people. So, of course, I stopped and got a picture. She's super shy but really nice, also.

When it came to be around 4:30 I went backstage again and waited outside of the entrance to the Hurley.com stage. I suddenly hear a familiar voice and turn to see Hayley walking out of the lunch room talking on her cell. I walked up to her when she finished her call and she said hi and waved to me and we started talking. She told me she had to go to a meeting and asked if I wanted a picture, and of course I said yes.

hayleyme2.jpg

So, come 4:45 I went through the backstage entrance to the Hurley.com stage and got to stand ON the stage to watch Meg & Dia's set. It was awesome being that close. In the middle of their set I see Zac and Jeremy zoom in through the backstage entrance on their bikes. They were standing on the opposite side of Meg&Dia, though.. so I didn't go over and start a conversation with them. Zac started messing with a drum set and being generally weird. He's a funny dude. I focused my attention back on Meg&Dia when Zac walks up next to me and says hi. (yay!) So we talked for a while and he told me they were going to hang the drawing in their bus, which is awesome. He left a bit later on his bike again and I stood their watching the rest of Meg&Dia's set. When their set ended I ran out to their merch tent again and bought "Something Real" (their album) so I could get it signed at their signing at 5:30. I stood in the line (in the effing hot sun.. it was horrible) but finally made it to the tent and got the album signed by all of them.

Paramore's set was at 6:55 so I chilled until then and drank lotsa water. I ended up being pretty close to the stage.. kinda over to the left. I felt so bad for them.. the sun was shining right on them while they were playing. But, they put on an amazing show. Josh smiled at me and gave me this goofy look at one point because he recognized me.. har.

When their set ended I went over to their bus to say bye to them and Hayley looked like she was dying. The heat definitely got to her and she went inside the bus immediately, probably to keep from fainting. Zac and Jeremy gave me hugs and went inside the bus. Josh stayed out and talked to me for a long time which was really cool. We basically just chatted about art and drawing and how they were going to hang the drawing in their bus and stuff. He's a really cool guy.

So.. after I was done talking to him and he went in the bus, I met up with my sister and we left.

That's about it. All in all, super effing awesome day.

----------------

aww that sounds asm. i would love to meet jamie. and paramore, obviously.

I wasn't expecting to meet him, so yeah it was awesome. Cool surprise. ;-)

wow, that's pretty awesome

you're very pretty by the way =]

did u happen to get a pic w/ the rest of the band?

Aw, thanks. Naw I didn't get a pic with the rest of the band.. I could've but didn't really think of asking.. *st00pid*

that's freaking amazing. i like the suddenness of how Zac just like popped up out of nowhere next to you. it made me laugh. and that's awesome that Josh just stayed out there talking to you. they're obviously just awesome people.

Haha yeah Zac did kind of come out of nowhere.. and josh staying out to talk to me was great, I really appreciated it. They're all definitely awesome people.

Thought I'd share my experience. Sorry for the wall of text.. but there's a lot to cover. ;-)

----------------

Got there at like 12:10 (gates opened at 12) and I was in line walking up to security with my tickets and my huge-ass drawing in a glass frame (definitely didn't think that would get past security). Surprisingly they let me bring the frame in so that was cool.

So once I'm inside I make my way over to the tour buses and use my MSL VIP wristband thing to get in that area. I ended up walking past the buses and was making my way up the stairs to the back of a stage when a woman stopped me and was like "wow did you draw that?". I responded with "yeah, I'm actually trying to get this to Paramore right now so I don't have to carry it around, would you happen to know where they are?" and she told me they might be getting lunch and to follow her into the "lunch building". So, I followed her and she had me wait inside near the door while she looked around in the lunch room. While I'm standing there I notice Meg & Dia standing across from me waiting for lunch.. but I didn't talk to them because I thought it'd be a bit weird talking to them while they're getting lunch. Anyway, the chick comes back and tells me they aren't in here but to wait outside of the door and see if they come because they haven't gotten lunch yet. So, I go outside and set my drawing down on a huge box of merch and begin texting out of boredom. A while later (still texting) I hear "Hey, awesome shirt" and I look up to see the guy who started To Write Love On Her Arms (I was wearing a twloha shirt.. haha). So I was like "oh, thanks! it's so great to meet you" and I shook his hand and we started talking. By the end of the convo he ends up asking me what I'm waiting for and I told him I'm waiting for Paramore.. and he informs me that they're about to do an exclusive backstage acoustic show for some contest winners and someone probably brought them lunch already.

I end up leaving the lunch area, walking back down the stairs and when I'm making my way out of the VIP area I see Paramore (all four of 'em) walking my way with their assistant tour manager dude. Talk about good timing. I walked up to them and looked at Josh and asked "Hey, you guys busy?" and he told me they were heading to do an acoustic show. They all kinda stopped when they saw I was holding a big frame and I then said "Oh, well I've been wanting to give this drawing I did to you guys.. can you take it now?" and I flipped the frame around and held the drawing up so they could see. Hayley was so funny.. "DUDE. NO WAY. YOU DREW THAT?!" Haha. They were all like O_O which was amusing. Hayley came up to me and gave me a big hug and then Josh, Zac, and Jeremy did the same. They're so sweet. I stood there talking with them for a bit longer then we headed our separate ways.

The only other band I wanted to see were Meg&Dia and they didn't come on 'til 4:45 so I got a chance to shop around at the merch tents. I finally found Paramore's and bought a shirt (the black one with "RIOT!" all over it). I then found Meg&Dia's merch tent and noticed Dia standing next to it taking pictures with people. So, of course, I stopped and got a picture. She's super shy but really nice, also.

When it came to be around 4:30 I went backstage again and waited outside of the entrance to the Hurley.com stage. I suddenly hear a familiar voice and turn to see Hayley walking out of the lunch room talking on her cell. I walked up to her when she finished her call and she said hi and waved to me and we started talking. She told me she had to go to a meeting and asked if I wanted a picture, and of course I said yes.

hayleyme2.jpg

So, come 4:45 I went through the backstage entrance to the Hurley.com stage and got to stand ON the stage to watch Meg & Dia's set. It was awesome being that close. In the middle of their set I see Zac and Jeremy zoom in through the backstage entrance on their bikes. They were standing on the opposite side of Meg&Dia, though.. so I didn't go over and start a conversation with them. Zac started messing with a drum set and being generally weird. He's a funny dude. I focused my attention back on Meg&Dia when Zac walks up next to me and says hi. (yay!) So we talked for a while and he told me they were going to hang the drawing in their bus, which is awesome. He left a bit later on his bike again and I stood their watching the rest of Meg&Dia's set. When their set ended I ran out to their merch tent again and bought "Something Real" (their album) so I could get it signed at their signing at 5:30. I stood in the line (in the effing hot sun.. it was horrible) but finally made it to the tent and got the album signed by all of them.

Paramore's set was at 6:55 so I chilled until then and drank lotsa water. I ended up being pretty close to the stage.. kinda over to the left. I felt so bad for them.. the sun was shining right on them while they were playing. But, they put on an amazing show. Josh smiled at me and gave me this goofy look at one point because he recognized me.. har.

When their set ended I went over to their bus to say bye to them and Hayley looked like she was dying. The heat definitely got to her and she went inside the bus immediately, probably to keep from fainting. Zac and Jeremy gave me hugs and went inside the bus. Josh stayed out and talked to me for a long time which was really cool. We basically just chatted about art and drawing and how they were going to hang the drawing in their bus and stuff. He's a really cool guy.

So.. after I was done talking to him and he went in the bus, I met up with my sister and we left.

That's about it. All in all, super effing awesome day.

----------------

that's awesome buddy :)

i love both of your shirts in that picture!

I think Jamie thought I was in a band or something.. haha. He asked me if I was on the whole tour or just that day. :P

He's really nice.. I got to meet his sister, also. That's so great that you're volunteering to help out.. have fun!

Here are some videos I took if anyone is interested:

-Meg & Dia-

Roses.

Monster.

-Paramore-

Misery Business.

hey i went to the san antonio show to. i missed misery business b/c i was in line to meet escape the fate. but when i was done i ran for the satge to see them playing emergency. i pushed and shoved my way through the crowd. they were awesome!! i was glad they ended with pressure.

im so glad you met them tragedienne!! youre so lucky. i love your pic with hayley

Took me 3 days. I'm sorry that you think it's photoshopped.. I do have a video I took of the drawing. it wasn't really complete at this point and I hadn't framed it yet.. it was still in the drawing pad, but hopefully it will provide some proof that it IS actually a drawing:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v469/evanescence310/?action=view&current=c70c1b9e.flv

Hmm.. I never posted it there. Where on LJ did you see it?

I dunno I saw a drawing similar maybe it was a same picture they drew from but someone else drew it? Im not totally sure that I saw it on LJ. D:

that was a compliment

i believe u when u said u drew it

i'm sorry if it came out as an insult

i meant that your artistic ability is good to the point where it doesn't look like someone drew it (if that made any sense)

Oh okay, well thanks then.

I dunno I saw a drawing similar maybe it was a same picture they drew from but someone else drew it? Im not totally sure that I saw it on LJ. D:

I've seen other drawings of the same photo so it might have been one of those.. but who knows.