Warped in Barrie

shanface

Did anyone else get there early enough to catch them? I know if you got there when doors were supposed to be you probably still had to wait for hours because security in Barrie just sucks and the line is slowww. It's always like that though, so I was prepared and got there at 10. Anyway, they played at 2, which I was pretty pleased about because it seems like the later they play, the more crazy the crowd is. I managed to get a barricade spot by watching The Starting Line and Cute Is What We Aim For who were playing before Paramore. I really thought I was going to get really squished so I stayed more at the side, but I didn't, surprisingly. I think only about four crowd surfers went over me, too. Here's a couple pictures. They're all unedited. Facebook just resized them when I uploaded them there.

n507366995_244826_8626.jpg

n507366995_244830_1.jpg

n507366995_244831_353.jpg

n507366995_244836_2076.jpg

n507366995_244845_5242.jpg

n507366995_244848_6302.jpg

n507366995_244854_8476.jpg

i was there but i was at the back since i got hurt during ciwwaf

Aw man. I hope you're okay!

I was in that exact spot for ciwwaf, too. I got into the park just before The Starting Line started with the best of me. The day before in Buffalo was pretty brutal so I was determined to be on the barricade for Paramore in Barrie. It was a pretty sweet set, though.

I got there a little past 9:30.

And I got in like minutes right before the Starting Line started playing. My friends weren't interested in watching the Starting Line, so we walked around first. Good that no other band was playing yet, so you could pretty much hear them wherever you went. haha

I caught CIWWAF, but left after their set because I wanted to see at least the beginning of the Rocket Summer set. Then I ran back to watch Paramore. I didn't manage to get that close, but people kept shifting and moving out anyhow, so I got a bit closer.

I didn't want to be really that close because that pit was horrible, especially in the middle where all the sand mainly was.

I got there a little past 9:30.

I didn't want to be really that close because that pit was horrible, especially in the middle where all the sand mainly was.

You waited in line that long!? I guess I'm not much better. We made sure to leave Oakville (because that's where we stayed after Buffalo) at around 8:30 so we could get there before doors actually opened. Security is always either a mess or a power trip at Park Place. One year Lyman had to push everything back a half hour so there would be more kids in the park. I got to see Yellowcard play for an extra half hour. =]

I pretty much saw everyone I REALLY wanted to see at Warped the day before in Buffalo, so I wasn't too miffed about missing anyone, except for The Johnstones, but even then I've seen em what feels like a million times before.

I thought the pit was kind of tame in Barrie, compared to the day before, at least. Things are SO different for Paramore between Canada and America, it's nuts. Sand and pits are gross, though. I came out of New Found Glory spitting mud, no exaggeration.

• 2 weeks later...