This has been bothering me...

lyn

Before I start, I just want everyone to know that I love Paramore and everything about them. But here recently, they have done a lot of changing.

A lot of people that don't know anything about them are getting into them all because they've seen commercials on MTV or heard them on the radio. Paramore changed me in so many ways when they were first a band. Their first album was absolutely awesome to me. I love the new album. But some days, I just miss the old Paramore. Their image is a lot different now. And I just don't know what to think.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

images change with years. it happens for everyone. sometimes bands change with albums. i have had a lot of bands change in front of my eyes. once it bothered me so much i stop liking them. then i reliezed just because they look different or they have more fans doesnt mean it should bother me.

lyn you should think. i liked them before MTV and you will feel amazing =]

While I agree with most that you said, I think their new publicity is good too. At least people are getting into them, which is good news for them. I don't think they should sell out (not saying they are, but it could happen), but they should stay true to their original fans also.

I, for one, loved them when it was just AWKIF (because of the lovely Cheyenne, who introduced me to them), but I also love their RIOT side, too. And image is not everything. It plays an important part, but the music IS the most important part. That has changed some, too, but they're still the same Paramore we know and love--just more well known.

I'm sorry--did it seem like I was mad at you? I was just posting my thoughts too. If they came out harsh, I'm sorry for that.

You are opinionated and unafraid--it's a good thing (well, if you do it with tact, haha--which you do).

Yeah, sometimes the weirdest things bug you, and you just have to work with it. :)

im right there with ya, i mean yea im still overly in love with them. but i myself really miss the old paramore. awkif is my fav album of all time, i love riot! but i think awkif passes it up by a little. i know their image is bound to change over time but i cant help but miss it when i watch all those videos from them back in the day. and remembering listening to them years back when rarely anyone else knew who they were. but i am happy for them for all the publicity they are getting as well. theyve earned it all.

i heard cartel off mtv. but now i really love there music so dont be down on those people. i was a mainstream listener for a while =/

Sorry, I was just talking about the follower-type people that worship MTV and every band on there, y'know? It bugs me, haha.

I'm with you all the way. I can't think anything to say right now because I got this stupid English project and it's taking up all my brain power. But me and my friend have been thinking of this for awhile. We love the new, but we just like the older stuff better. It's just more personal or intimate. I hope they do some piano or acoustic stuff. Like the Hallelujah Acoustic version, and Breathe.