This has been bothering me...

lyn

hey hey guys wait...before you think about cursing ur friends out with being teenies or whatever...REMEMBER everyone started off as a teenie at some point whether u thought u were or not. everyone started listening to their great songs back when pressure was out or stuff like that...THEN you guys started listening to the rest of the songs...eventually becoming a parawhore bit by bit and going to concerts, knowing every lyric, and crying whenever they weren't in ur country xP the people who say those things like "i dont know the name of tht song but they were on mtv and they're great!!!" will eventually become a parawhore or not...

dude for an 11 yr old you totally get it. thats what i was trying to say but i didnt know how to put it in to words. =]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like it when people hate on teenies. My little brother is almost 14, but he's been listening to a lot of stuff since he was younger. I think he saw Avenged Sevenfold when he was 12? Anyway, he would freak out and go totally "teenie" if he got to meet his favorite band, and that's okay. Even though I'm an adult I wouldn't be ashamed or apologizing for him, because he's just young and he's excited and showing emotion. Big deal. I know sometimes younger fans are annoying but you know what? Get over it. You shit talking them and hating them isn't going to accomplish anything, it just makes you uglier inside.

Ok, I had this realization Friday at 2 in morning put my parents made me get off before I could post it and last night I went to my grandparents, so here goes. I had this huge revelation, when I was watching the interview where Hayley was talking about her voice, and they played some stuff from Riot with the music turned down and you could hear her really well voice. Then I realized their music hasn't at all changed, or well it has, but Hayley's voice hasn't changed and she hasn't changed they way she sings or anything. And thats what I was missing about them. I missed her stuff like from Breathe and the acoustic Hallelujah. Their actual music changed, the guitar, drums, and bass are louder and more prominent in Riot and in AWKIF they're softer and more mellow. And in Riot you can't hear her voice as much because of it. I am now ok with everything, Hayley dyed her hair back to the dark red, and it will be awesomely faded by the time they start the fall tour. And all they need to do is mix Riot and All We Know Is Falling together on the album and that will solve all those problems. And about all the "fake" fans stuff, it will past. If they become "real" fans yay and if they don't oh well. Everyone should dwell on that too much. I hate to say it Paramore might be like a fad and they might die down again, soon or not who knows. All I know is that I will love them no matter what. One more thing I'm not liking Josh's new hair style to much I don't really know what happen there. it kinda looks like he was going for a mohawk and stopped half way through or something. I don't know, it just weird. Anyways thats what I think about all of this stuff now.

I don't see it as selling out. I think getting a little bit of fame and being on MTV is called BEING LUCKY & becoming succesful. I think you guys are using the term selling out in a different way than what it actually means. Somebody who sells out would be doing it for the money, not for the fans and for the love of the music. Sell outs lose sight of what's important and get lost in the fame. I don't think we'll ever have to worry about that with Paramore, I don't really see them becoming ego maniacs and rolling around in their hummers, bahahaha. But seriously, they want to be succesful, and they can't putter around and be a little tiny band forever, because it just wouldn't sustain them financially. Sure, they ARE in this because they love it, but it has to be something that is bringing in enough money for them to at least be able to afford to continue. You have to have some minor mainstream fame, or just be HUGE in the "underground", in order to continue doing it or it's not worth it.

I don't know if I'm the only that notices but here goes. Everyone is saying it's all about the music and not about them changing their look and what not. And it is about the music, but their style of music changed on most the songs on Riot. They're all kinda poppy now, and not saying it's bad or anything. But the old music from their Ep and AWKIF is slower and more close to home in a way. So, any way thats all I have to say for now. I'll probably think of something better to say in like 2 minutes. Oh well.

yeaaa.. it had completely differnt feel to it..

and

i think AWKIF has song for more serious issues..like franklin and stuff liek that.

RIOT songs have soem "serious" songs but mostly its kinda like high school drama kind of songs. exept for a a few.

idk.

im not dissing riot.. i luvv that albulm. but AWKIF is like not for a little heart break, more like a just broke up with my BF for 6 months or my friend completely abandind me after we were close for 10 years, or my parents just slipt up or sumthin like that. like i could listen to that albulm and it will relate to me more wen im seriously really sad. but then they have the song Woah wich cheers me up liek crazy

RIOt has some of those type of songs (we are broken, when i rains, let the flames begin)

but mostly mostly i find it a little to high school drama-ish. its a greatly amazing albulm, just awkif has a little bit more meaning to it for me.

I might receive some flack for this but your in denial if you dont think they are, dare i say...selling out a bit. Dont get me wrong they are awesome kids and I blame pressure from record companies mostly, but lets be honest.

paramore didnt sell out... selling out is turining into fall out boy who all they ccare about is making sure pete always takes his shirt off or that they get anough record sales and they seriously need to get there heads not to b so big. (sorry FOB fans)

but paramore is really humble about there sucess.. they havent sold out.

I really don't like it when people hate on teenies. My little brother is almost 14, but he's been listening to a lot of stuff since he was younger. I think he saw Avenged Sevenfold when he was 12? Anyway, he would freak out and go totally "teenie" if he got to meet his favorite band, and that's okay. Even though I'm an adult I wouldn't be ashamed or apologizing for him, because he's just young and he's excited and showing emotion. Big deal. I know sometimes younger fans are annoying but you know what? Get over it. You shit talking them and hating them isn't going to accomplish anything, it just makes you uglier inside.

i went teenie wen i met paramore. seriosuly i was in shock.

but just becuz ur young i dont call that a teenie here is my version of a teenie

"OMGZZZ HAYLEY Is SOoO HAwT!!!! I LUv DAT ONE SONGG MIZ BIZ" then wen u ask them about other songs they look completely stupid becuz there response is they dont kow any other sogns.

for instace i emt this oen girl who claimed she was a "hard core" paramore fan and she had no idea that they had another albulm besides RIOT! and she only knew crushcrushcrush and miz biz...

thats a teenie.

if there seroiusly a fan and really know what the band is and wat there music is about. then thats not a teenie. no matter there age..

so i dont hate on there age. i just cant stand ppl who claim to luv them over one song that they know and they think a member is hawt

I know what you mean about the fake fans, it's so annoying. "omfg i luv paramore and lyk misery business is mah fav song!!!!11 mah new fave band l0lz!1"

if there seroiusly a fan and really know what the band is and wat there music is about. then thats not a teenie. no matter there age..

so i dont hate on there age. i just cant stand ppl who claim to luv them over one song that they know and they think a member is hawt

I agree

I might receive some flack for this but your in denial if you dont think they are, dare i say...selling out a bit. Dont get me wrong they are awesome kids and I blame pressure from record companies mostly, but lets be honest.

So very true. Thank God someone else on this forum thought this way too. I instantly thought "WTF?" when I saw the Misery Business video. It looked like they were intentionally targeting "MTV viewers" with it, and Riot sounds more polished and poppy which again I thought was done intentionally. The Hallelujah video was more "old school" with the live footage but since that was only a UK single, I'm expecting CrushCrushCrush to be more mainstream looking for the next US single.

Somebody who sells out would be doing it for the money, not for the fans and for the love of the music. Sell outs lose sight of what's important and get lost in the fame. I don't think we'll ever have to worry about that with Paramore, I don't really see them becoming ego maniacs and rolling around in their hummers, bahahaha.

I agree with you too.

But I just think they've sort of... intentionally aimed to be successful and mainstream with the way things have happened with the "Riot era". It wouldn't seem so.... "bad"... if they just... got the success by people just picking up the songs and getting on TV/MTV through popularity, not by the record label doing a deal with MTV to play Misery Business. If they're music really is great then they shouldn't need the label to do deals with channels to play it.

I'm still a fan of Paramore, just not as big a one as I once was.

^^^ if they did the exact sam stuff as AWKIF then it would b a broing albulm. yes there new albulm is rather popish but they wrote there song from personal experiances not like random stuff that they think "o this will b a huge single"

they need to progress..i much as i hate it they cant stay the old paramore forever. im sure it would b boring if they just repeated them selves over again

yeah if they were to repeat themselves they wouldn't seem like they had too much talent or creativity, but they do. personally, i love where there going. but thats just me.

i love it too

and i hear what yu are saying

i think i like this album cuz i am going through a time in my life that i feel i little more like those song, if you catch my dirft

I don't see it as selling out. I think getting a little bit of fame and being on MTV is called BEING LUCKY & becoming succesful. I think you guys are using the term selling out in a different way than what it actually means. Somebody who sells out would be doing it for the money, not for the fans and for the love of the music. Sell outs lose sight of what's important and get lost in the fame. I don't think we'll ever have to worry about that with Paramore, I don't really see them becoming ego maniacs and rolling around in their hummers, bahahaha. But seriously, they want to be succesful, and they can't putter around and be a little tiny band forever, because it just wouldn't sustain them financially. Sure, they ARE in this because they love it, but it has to be something that is bringing in enough money for them to at least be able to afford to continue. You have to have some minor mainstream fame, or just be HUGE in the "underground", in order to continue doing it or it's not worth it.

i agree. i believe there is a difference between becoming successful and selling out.

and even in the interview that pf.com just had they were saying how much they miss hangin with fans and stuff so i still believe they havent changed who they are.

a lot of bands do change with albums. and it's really good, because they want to be creative. looks also change. i'm really glad though that paramore posted in a livejournal that,"we'll never forget who was there before." well it was something like that i can't remember the exact words. but i'm sure they still think of the fans before all this fame. this kind of stuff happens. i do miss the old paramore, but we've all been knowing them since before mtv. that's what's so great. we're not newbies. =) ha.

but regardless, they're still my all time favorite.

So very true. Thank God someone else on this forum thought this way too. I instantly thought "WTF?" when I saw the Misery Business video. It looked like they were intentionally targeting "MTV viewers" with it, and Riot sounds more polished and poppy which again I thought was done intentionally. The Hallelujah video was more "old school" with the live footage but since that was only a UK single, I'm expecting CrushCrushCrush to be more mainstream looking for the next US single.

I agree with you too.

But I just think they've sort of... intentionally aimed to be successful and mainstream with the way things have happened with the "Riot era". It wouldn't seem so.... "bad"... if they just... got the success by people just picking up the songs and getting on TV/MTV through popularity, not by the record label doing a deal with MTV to play Misery Business. If they're music really is great then they shouldn't need the label to do deals with channels to play it.

It's called growing up. Their age difference from when they wrote AWKIF to RIOT! is pretty big. It may have been a few years, but you change so much in your teenage years because you're becoming an adult. I think if they were really aiming it towards the mainstream, it would have been straight up pop bubble gum stuff.

I agree with you too.

I just don't get why a side product of becoming popular means appearance completely changes (guys start wearing tight pants and makeup for instance) Look at the pressure video and then misery business...