London Astoria 6th sept

boarderoxy

Hi ppl...this is my first post so i'll make it an introduction as well as a mini review thing.

My name's Matt...or Oxy if you like. Been a Paramore fan for about 8 months i guess since my friend got me into them, i think he discovered them when emergency or pressure was played on a snowboard dvd.

im 19 n start uni soon......cannot wait. (reason im startin uni late is cos i took a gap year so i could spend last winter snowboardin)

Well.....we got to the Astoria at about half 5 and could not believe how long the q was. we managed to get in just over the half way point so we werent queing up at the back, once the crowd got moving though it went really quick. My mate said he saw the lead singer of the wombats walk by.

Anyways, I loved the venue...quite wide and not very deep so you were never really far from the stage. Apparantly the Astoria is under threat of closure for a few reasons....i hope it stays!

waited a while for this providence to come on...i knew they were supporting so i checked out a few songs before we went...i like wolf in sheeps clothing and my beutiful rescue and they palyed both! Hayley came on and sang along at the end of wolf in sheeps clothing which rocked! This providence were pretty good.

Then we had a half hour or so wait for Anberlin (spelling) which my mate alfie said he liked and was looking forward to but he said they were nowhere near as good live as there studio songs were and I didn't really find myself liking any of their songs either really,maybe it was an off day, idk.

Another half hour or so wait and paramore came on! They totally kicked arse!

the hour went by SOOOO quick and Paramore went backstage then came back for the encore with hayley saying "that was too obvious, we didn't have you falled there did we London! who wants one more song?" (Crowd goes crazy)...Who wants two more songs? (WHOOOO) and then they started playing Hallelujah which i read didn't get played at portsmouth?

The setlist was pretty much the same as I think Portsmouths was except for Hallelujah. Hayley is awesome and i love her lol.

I've never been so hot and sweaty in my life but it the gig was just so good and everyone was jumping about, singing n goin mad so it didnt matter how tho or sweaty anyone got, everyone was jus lovin it so much!

People going tonight will love it!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night was good, but not as good as the Underworld show in May. oh, and what was with the cameras filming everything?

Yeah I agree with that, I thought the Underworld show was amazing but still they were good last night and I didnt get squashed haha which I am happy about.

Maybe they were filming for FBR+ or something on their new website as it is still not up properly, they might have a video section... I dunno?

I took some pics but they are really bad cause I was upstairs and theyre all blury due to me being too far away from the light and the shutter not closing quick enough before they moved. :( I filmed some of it and then when I looked at it today I realised that my camera doesnt have sound, grrrrr so crap. The picture quality is still ok though so I can watch but not listen.

When i arrived they were like interviewing some of the fans and some people chucked some water over the interviewer lolol. then that cameraman went up n down the q didnt he. I have to say that i was a bit worried at first cos i swear everyone i saw when i first arrived was so young but inside it wasn't like that at all, or if it was then 14/15 yr olds these days are big and can push quite well lol.

Ah man it was so good.

Felt a bit self-concious walking to the back of the line infront of everyone and camera crews with a ton of macdonalds, but it sure tasted nice ;)

I ended up being dressed like an oversized carrot by the end of the night due to my orange skinny jeans and newly baught green paramore tee, but it was dark nobody cared !

The support bands were amazing (they don't deserve "support" actually, the other bands, then) and i've loved This Providence and Anberlin for a long time- i was in shock when i read the poster saying they were playing. Bumped into This Providence on my way up to the balcony as well- couldn't have been more perfect. Nice guys, they are.

Got stuck in the pit- literally STUCK. It was an amazing experience though. Nearly passed out so i gave in trudged upstairs, turned out to be a better view anyway !

Paramore's set was amazing. Just the songs, the way they were played and the whole atmosphere made it the best gig i've been to yet, and i've been to a fair amount in my short little life.

Played hallelujah as the first prt of their encore, which surprised me because i'd heard that they wouldn't ? Ah who cares, it was amazing.

My neck is killing my from too much headbanging and i have no voice left, but i wouldn't have it any other way.

last night was good, but not as good as the Underworld show in May. oh, and what was with the cameras filming everything?

you have no idea how many times i have said that, hahaha.

i hope they do the underworld next time. it literally is the best venue in london.

i missed my heart in this setlist though.

i love that live.

i was in so much pain after

i was literally thrown to the back from 2 rows from the front. when i left i had to just keep walking just so i didn't stop cause if i did i knew i wouldn't be able to walk again hahaha. it was crazy. i want the filmings, i got filmed stepping out of a taxi it was so funny cause i looked up and this camera was pointed right at me and i was like 'oh, hello!' bahaha

everybody who went add me: myspace.com/219219611

i have some pretty good shots feel free to save them for memory purposes :]

if you use them online credit back to my flick page please.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11997450@N07/sets/72157601901544076/

They definately won't play Underworld again, we'll just have to cherish our memories! To anyone who wanted My Heart: Me, Hayley, Laura and Jess tried our best with our big My Heart sign! Hayley saw it and I think she said sorry haha!

haha aww bless her. maybe they'll add it to the next set list. it'd be hard for them to change everything around once they're on stage though when its all been mapped out for them.

i think i may annoy the underworld staff and some paramore management into making them do the underworld again. i will be so annoyed if they never do a small venue like that again.

you have no idea how many times i have said that, hahaha.

i hope they do the underworld next time. it literally is the best venue in london.

i missed my heart in this setlist though.

i love that live.

i was in so much pain after

i was literally thrown to the back from 2 rows from the front. when i left i had to just keep walking just so i didn't stop cause if i did i knew i wouldn't be able to walk again hahaha. it was crazy. i want the filmings, i got filmed stepping out of a taxi it was so funny cause i looked up and this camera was pointed right at me and i was like 'oh, hello!' bahaha

everybody who went add me: myspace.com/219219611

i have some pretty good shots feel free to save them for memory purposes :]

if you use them online credit back to my flick page please.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11997450@N07/sets/72157601901544076/

yeah, it'd be great if they played the Underworld again, but they're past that level now so I doubt it'll happen any time soon.

nice pics btw!

Both shows were amazing :)

I think saw you guys with the My Heart sign!

How awesome would a live DVD be or even something like the anahiem show? On the downside, one of the camera guys filmed me loads and I looked such a mess after the show, I'd rather the world didn't see my sweaty mascara smeared face to be honest!

Who else hurts today?

its hardly "unfair" that they played hallelujah in london. im just guessing her voice felt up to it. good for hayley.

Or possibly because it was being filmed? ;-)

Show was awesome! I got there for like 3ish and I thought the line was pretty long, then at like 5ish I went to Starbucks and walked down the line and was blown away by the crazy length of it. I got to the 2nd row which I was happy about. Paramore sounded great as always. People were really getting into it. So many people looked like they were gonna pass out afterwards. It was incredibly hot in the venue though.

OMG Anberlin were great. I was singing along to all there songs and the person next to me just gave me funny looks... ah well. :)

I hope there is gonna be a DVD or MTV special or something. Would love to relive the show!