This is just hit me

Matty_poo

why is it that an artist can be famous everywhere but the us and to us, they aren't famous, and also it seems that it is incredibly difficult for foreign bands who speak a different language to break out in the states. At the moment, I'm listning to this band from china, I don't understand a single word in chinese but I'd still buy the album because it's good, and yet theres no reason it'd be released here.

In my opinion Europe has the best music

North America I think is more about the looks and the potential to sell then europe is although they do have their fair share of pop acts...the best bands in north america are the ones that no one knows about.In Canada, I don't know about the US seeing as I've never lived there, we're very supportive of our artists up and commers with goverment funded programs and websites

http://www.newmusiccanada.com/

such as this one

100% pure canadian indie (CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!)

anyways i think if you're not north american its hard to get into the market due to it being such an advanced, popculturey place

well there are programs that support music in public schools but it seems as if the record industry for the major part is ignoring alot of musical acts like that for lone singers and rappers, and i know it's hard and i'm probably alone, but i'd love to see acts from other countries poping up on our music channels :)

why is it that an artist can be famous everywhere but the us and to us, they aren't famous, and also it seems that it is incredibly difficult for foreign bands who speak a different language to break out in the states. At the moment, I'm listning to this band from china, I don't understand a single word in chinese but I'd still buy the album because it's good, and yet theres no reason it'd be released here.

DUDEEE. what band?

well, i agree. from these ages 8-11 i was obsessed with listening to korean music. 11-13.5 i was obsessed with chinese/thai music. and yeah can't understand a damn thing. but something made me love them

and yeah. i do listen to a lot of foriegn music that is popular around but the US. which is hard. cuase no one listens to it

matt!!! you make me more happy. cuase you listen to chinese music =) makes me miss my old days. of obsessive chinese singers. haha

lol no i'm afraid i didn't see yours kim, sorry, lol they're called reflector, a ska influenced pop punk band. though i do listen to alot of traditional music from other countries to (mostly asian countries such as china and japan)i like to hear alot of things you just can't in this country, like it just seems that if it isn't american music this country just doesn't care

yes but would you say beatles worthy? I've been hearing that about them, and i mean i like what I've heard

No way. Not yet...let them put out about 10 more great albums and then maybe they'll be Beatles worthy :)

They said the same things about Oasis back when Definitely Maybe came out...and while Oasis put out some great albums, they didn't quite get to Beatles level :)