REMINDER - GRAMMYS ON TONGIHT

avrilj92

I've followed this little "arguement" and both are right, Its all about whoever says the wrong thing and if anger gets in the same equation. Might as well just stop now seriously, Both points were made and corrected responsibly. lol :D

Someone somewhere just read the wrong thing.

too bad Paramore lost to Amy Winehouse. While her personal issues make me disrespect her, I do have to say that her reaction to winning Record of the Year was a little touching. Congrats to her on that.

I think this is only a sign that there are bigger and better things to come from our favorite band, and in their honor I think we should see this whole thing the way they do...BE HAPPY THEY WERE NOMINATED AND WERE THERE!!

I'd say give them another year or so and maybe they'd be up for best rock album or record of the year as well =]

^ You've let her sympathy act get to you.

(I'm not trying to argue with you btw)

I don't see how she is setting a good example.

Anyone who gets to that state in the first place can't be setting a good example.

I totally agree. Listen to this man! =D

Come on guys, stop the fighting! Feel the LOVEE

I think Winehouse deserves it. Personal life aside, she's phenomenally talented, she makes good music and she's cleaning herself up now which sets a good example to anyone else in her situation. Obviously I believe Paramore deserved it too but Amy's not an unworthy winner.

I agree with Megsy. Winehouse was my fair choice.

You can understand why the American public voted Amy over Paramore. She does have quite an amazing voice and is quite different from many solo artists around now. She brings just a whole new package, and I'm not saying Paramore aren't as good and don't deserve the award, but you can understand why people would vote for Amy over Paramore.

^ You've let her sympathy act get to you.

(I'm not trying to argue with you btw)

I don't see how she is setting a good example.

Anyone who gets to that state in the first place can't be setting a good example.

Haha, I've let her sympathy act get to me?

Thats probably one of the most patronizing things someone has ever said to me. Amy Winehouse gets this "bad" label tagged on her for doing drugs, but tell me, was Kurt Cobain a bad person? Was he not phenomenally talented and amazing at what he did? Amy Winehouse is a huge talent, and I'm saying this without even being really into her music. She has a brilliant voice and makes music thats different from alot of the stereotypical, pointless crap clogging up the industry. The Grammys are not a recognition of people's personal lives, they're a recognition of music, and although Paramore make amazing music (music that deserves to be recognised with awards like this), so does Amy Winehouse. End.

Haha, I've let her sympathy act get to me?

Thats probably one of the most patronizing things someone has ever said to me. Amy Winehouse gets this "bad" label tagged on her for doing drugs, but tell me, was Kurt Cobain a bad person? Was he not phenomenally talented and amazing at what he did? Amy Winehouse is a huge talent, and I'm saying this without even being really into her music. She has a brilliant voice and makes music thats different from alot of the stereotypical, pointless crap clogging up the industry. The Grammys are not a recognition of people's personal lives, they're a recognition of music, and although Paramore make amazing music (music that deserves to be recognised with awards like this), so does Amy Winehouse. End.

i agree. As much as i despise her music, i can't deny the fact that she has an amazing amount of talent. You can't bitch about somebody winning a music award if they are in fact amazing musicians. The fact shes a smack head crack whore has nothing to do with the grammys. end of.

I dont really get it.

Im not commenting on Amy Winehouse's personal life because its hard enough for her having to go through that without also being in the public frame as well, meaning the whole world knows about it and follows her every move.

From a musical sesne, FIVE grammy's? Is she REALLY that good? Over here in the UK i think ive heard about 3 of her songs. Is she really big in America or somethin?

Her music isnt my personal taste so maybe thats why i feel like this but i just dont understand why she's appearing to be such an amazing artist.

As i said though, im thinking its just cause its not really my kinda music. So im openly accepting to being wrong. Although when it comes to musical opinions there isnt really any wrongs or rights i suppose. Its just opinions,

tbh ive despised the grammys since avril was nominated for 5 and won none.

~XPLAIN 2 ME DIS CONSPIRUCY AGENST ME~

Thank god for that.

Stop throughing rocks at Amy Whinehouse. She has serious problems and she's sure not the only one. Drugs is the fault of her actions. Would you be this mean to your friend who has a drug problem and wins something over someone else? I don't think so.

So stop crying about that Paramore didn't get anything. You all sound like 5-year old kids whose mom won't buy them a lollipop at the local wall-mart.

normalsidecca2bd9.jpg

Erica has left the building.

Jeez folks.

After reading this thread is actually pretty sad.

I know we're all a little dissapointed Paramore didnt win. But watch the interview. Look how delighted they were. As someone said, they were so star-struck it was unreal.

Dont fight or argue over it.

I dont like Amy Winehouse' music as ii i stated. But i agree with the person who said she has been EVERYWHERE this year. Look at it honestly. She was the biggest artist there. Everyone knows who she is. Not everyone will know who Paramore is. Dang sometimes i mention Paramore to people but they havnt head of them.

Better Luck next year hopefully!

Lets all kiss and make up! :)

Thank god for that.

Stop throughing rocks at Amy Whinehouse. She has serious problems and she's sure not the only one. Drugs is the fault of her actions. Would you be this mean to your friend who has a drug problem and wins something over someone else? I don't think so.

So stop crying about that Paramore didn't get anything. You all sound like 5-year old kids whose mom won't buy them a lollipop at the local wall-mart.

normalsidecca2bd9.jpg

THANKYOU!

Yup. Even if you're not a fan of that specific genre you can't say she's not extremely talented. I don't get why everyone is getting their knickers in such a twist about the Wino. It's pretty immature considering its probably because you're just pissed Paramore didn't win.

so true. you go girl!

Thank god for that.

normalsidecca2bd9.jpg

Haha erica :mrgreen: