The Art Thread

Jorgi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several layers of rad, right there.

Colours reminds me of Cheri Samba. But that's because i've got her stuck on the brain, bloody coursework.

Anyway, love it :D

thanks jorgi!

hmmm

not too familiar with Cheri Samba

shes not one of the artist we study

but im sure it a compliment

so thanks

haahaa!

:mrgreen:

ok

so heres like on hundreth of my work

lol

sorry about the shine on some of them

its cause of the plastic pockets ther in

GeardWay.jpg

Helena2.jpg

a4.jpg

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

a.jpg

started this last night

its no where near finished

but thought id post anyway

a6.jpg

WOW. i really like the last one, even though you haven't finished it yet, and the africa ones. good grief, you're so good. haha.

art coursework, i'll explain it all haha.

1. 3D Piece.

Octopus.

I have a really weird mind, okay ? The theme was Weave, Knot, Tie and Fasten, and what was the first thing that went through my head ? An Octopus. Duh. I am actually as weird in real life as i am on the internet, unfortunatly enough.

So anyway. I have this Octopus in a box in a net. It took forever to make. It's made of about a ton of orange fabric, about 5 tons of cotton wool; 120 buttons (HAND SEWN I TELL YOU) for the "suckers"; paper-maché cardboard for the box which is filled with newspaper and tissue paper for "water"; foil and cardboard for the eyes; oil pastel/acrylic for the "skin" texture.

I hate it, now, but it's finished:

OCT1.jpg

OCT2.jpg

2. 2D Piece

I drew another picture first, but it was shit so basically i had to do this instead.

It's a mixture of oil pastel (each bloody brick is oil pastelled, why do i not think of these things before i start them ?!), acrylic and photographs- the idea is it should be quite hard to see where the photographs (or "reality") and the oil pastels ("fiction") begin/end. It didn't work out as well as i'd hoped, but if i ever have to paint another brick wall in my life, i'll kill someone.

draw.jpg

And there we have the main pieces of my Art Coursework. I should be better at it, but i'm not, life goes on ;-)

art coursework, i'll explain it all haha.

1. 3D Piece.

Octopus.

I have a really weird mind, okay ? The theme was Weave, Knot, Tie and Fasten, and what was the first thing that went through my head ? An Octopus. Duh. I am actually as weird in real life as i am on the internet, unfortunatly enough.

So anyway. I have this Octopus in a box in a net. It took forever to make. It's made of about a ton of orange fabric, about 5 tons of cotton wool; 120 buttons (HAND SEWN I TELL YOU) for the "suckers"; paper-maché cardboard for the box which is filled with newspaper and tissue paper for "water"; foil and cardboard for the eyes; oil pastel/acrylic for the "skin" texture.

I hate it, now, but it's finished:

OCT1.jpg

OCT2.jpg

2. 2D Piece

I drew another picture first, but it was shit so basically i had to do this instead.

It's a mixture of oil pastel (each bloody brick is oil pastelled, why do i not think of these things before i start them ?!), acrylic and photographs- the idea is it should be quite hard to see where the photographs (or "reality") and the oil pastels ("fiction") begin/end. It didn't work out as well as i'd hoped, but if i ever have to paint another brick wall in my life, i'll kill someone.

draw.jpg

And there we have the main pieces of my Art Coursework. I should be better at it, but i'm not, life goes on ;-)

wowww!

LOVE the 3D work

i suck at 3D

haahaa

love your painting / collage thing too

pretty damn amazing jorgi!

:mrgreen:

Well i sketched out a drawing of Iron Maiden's Trooper.

Took me 3 Religion lessons :P

But seeing all these awesome artworks.

Im embarrassed to post it :P

Oh and the scanner doesn't work...

Didn't they tell you you're supposed to listen to the teacher not draw Iron Maiden?!

Excusess excuses, post it! :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From what I've seen in here is pretty cool. :)

I'll have to post some of my stuff sometime.

I just got my Self Portrait back. We did Self Portraits in my Advanced Art 3 Drawing Class.

It's more than just a drawing of you, you also add images, symbols, words... that represents who you are... or events/ things that make you the person you are today.

Also awhile go we did a color drawing, The use of black wasn't allowed. It was really difficult without using black. But it was interesting to try to get close to it.

Anyways yeah, neat stuff you guys! :)

• 6 months later...