Kerrang.. only 2 K's

EmOJuNkiE1612

ok so heres the review of All We Know Is Falling from the UK rock magazine Kerrang.

KK (award system 5 K's being the best)

EMO TINGED POWER-POP STRAIGHT FROM THE FACTORY FLOOR

"Maybe if my heart stops beating it wont hurt this much", warbles Paramore vocalist Hayley Williams on the as-predictable-as-it-sounds "never let this go". Well, maybe if they bought themselves a journal instead they wouldnt have to inflict these bland, banal bleatings on the rest of us. Just a thought...

For what it's worth Paramore deliver perfectly formed emo-pop complete with a clean, clear production, bright, melodic guitars and songs that sound hook-laden as you listen to them but dont leave the slightest hint of a lasting impression. Shiny on the outside but hollow on the inside, this is precisely the sound of style dancing on the substabce's grave.

DOWNLOAD: Brighter

FOR FANS OF: The academy is..., Armor for sleep.

Paul Travers

hmm not too good then.. weird how earlier in the mag it has a pic of them saying "the future of pop-punk"

also an article last week praising them.. anyway they dont have much good to say on the album :(

this is the problem with kerrang they always used to slag off pearl jam but the next month they would be saying they are one of the most important bands of all time, i now only buy kerrang if i have too like if paramore is in it :) but as i say they have always been the same

there is no way paramore deserve a review like that, especially as its there debut album, and what a debut it is, the reviewer wouldnt know greatness if it kicked him in the ass

• 2 weeks later...

this review didnt bother me so much. i saw a similar one in Big Cheese (the best uk rock mag, dont hate them, similar situation theyve been hyping paramore for ages then for some reason gave it to a reviewer like Rob Mair...ended up with only 2/5)

what did bother was a letter in kerrang a few weeks later by a reader. With the headline 'All We Know Is Apalling', this dude proclaimed his joy that some else (the reviewer) agreed that paramore were 'bollocks'

Ok fair does, youre welcome to your own opinion. now fuck off.

but hats off to some of the other nice folk at kerrang for in the past month printing a small pic of the band, 2 small pics of hayley, a page sized pic of the band, a page sized pic of hayley and a pullout poster of hayley, all to go on my wall with pride