Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

I'd like a fresh face to be manager, I think we ran out of ideas towards the end of the season and just calling up somebody from the lower levels wouldn't help. We need to get Rosenior, Kebe and Duberry out, and buy some decent players. Also we gotta keep our strikers fit, and stop sending decent players out on loan! Alex Pearce was our best CB before we loaned him out :roll: I'm undecided about Bikey, he's obviously an awesome player, but his temprament is... yeah :P

Anyway, Premier League in 2010/11 :P

Absolutely gutted :lol: Oh well, Newcastle and Swansea to look forward to next season ;-)

8-)

I reckon Reading will get promotion next season. I was going to say win the league, but it's too soon to be saying that ;-)

Swansea should be a pretty good bet for promotion too, and apparantly Jordi Gomez could be our new record signing for £1m if Espanyol stay up in La Liga (which looks likely) but we need to outbid Celtic :lol:

Anyway I just saw this on the Sky Sports website, they want nominations for who the greatest player is for your club. Thought you guys might be interested in submitting names for your clubs.

EDIT: Just as this too on the Sky Sports website: http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,15855_5321778,00.html Poyet says he'd be interesting in being Reading boss :o

Man Utd have won the title... no chance of them losing their final two games... and then Liverpool would have to win their final two games to win the title on goal difference anyway...

Wigan 1-2 Man Utd

Man Utd 86pts (+44)

Liverpool 80pts (+46)

There's a topic. So who for you guys, IS the greatest player for your club?

Well, i could go for Wullie McFadyn who scored 52 goals in 1931/32 when we won the league, Ally Maxwell who played in the cup final in 91, helping us to win it, with broken ribs.

Stevie kirk, who scored in every round leading up to and including the final in 91.

Phil O'Donnell, who scored his first goal as an 18 year old in that very same final, and returned to the club in 2003, before sadly passing away in 2008 when he collapsed

or could i perhaps say James McFadden, the most gifted and skillful player i have seen play for motherwell in my 20 years of supporting them

Hard choice to make!

For me the best newcastle player would have to be either shay given for the simple fact without him we would have been relegated years ago

or

alan shearer - dnt really need to say anything :lol:

There's a topic. So who for you guys, IS the greatest player for your club?

Well, i could go for Wullie McFadyn who scored 52 goals in 1931/32 when we won the league, Ally Maxwell who played in the cup final in 91, helping us to win it, with broken ribs.

Stevie kirk, who scored in every round leading up to and including the final in 91.

Phil O'Donnell, who scored his first goal as an 18 year old in that very same final, and returned to the club in 2003, before sadly passing away in 2008 when he collapsed

or could i perhaps say James McFadden, the most gifted and skillful player i have seen play for motherwell in my 20 years of supporting them

Hard choice to make!

haha good topic

whatever he said ^ :roll:

mccormack! is the best butt

nice one aine u know ur stuff haha ;-)

Beardsley or Shearer for Newcastle as best player.

Can't really think of one for Swansea... probably Leon Britton, one of the longest serving players for us in the current team. Been with us since the old Division three.

Exclusive: Rangers star Kirk Broadfoot needs hospital treatment after egg explodes in his face

May 15 2009 By Paul O'Hare

RANGERS star Kirk Broadfoot was left nursing a sore face after an exploding EGG landed him in hospital.

The Scotland full-back was inspecting two eggs he had just poached in his microwave when one of them blew up and squirted scalding-hot water into his face.

A Rangers insider said: "It may sound funny but it was quite a serious accident. Kirk's face was quite badly burned."

The shocked star phoned his parents, Marilyn and John, who rushed round to his luxury home in Ballochmyle, Ayrshire, from their house in nearby Drongan and took him to hospital.

Kirk, 25, was treated for scalds to his cheek and allowed home. He told Rangers manager Walter Smith what had happened and he is now being monitored by club doctors.

"As it happens, it was a close shave," the Record's Ibrox source said."He was very close to burning his eye, which could have had a serious impact on his career."

Kirk was already out of the Rangers team with an injury before the egg incident on Sunday. He is expected to make a full recovery from his scalds.

He did not want to comment about the accident.

Kirk signed for Rangers from St Mirren in 2007 and his wholehearted style quickly made him a cult hero with the Ibrox fans.

George Burley called him into the Scotland squad and he scored a vital goal in the World Cup qualifier in Iceland last September.

Kirk is far from the only amateur cook to be injured by an egg.

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents say 500 Britons needed hospital treatment after "egg-related incidents" in 2002, the last year such data was collected.

A RoSPA spokeswoman said: "Our advice is always to take care when dealing with boiling water in a microwave."

The British Egg Information Service offer advice to egg-lovers on how to poach them safely in the microwave:

1. Carefully crack the egg into a large teacup or ramekin dish filled with 1/2 tbsp of water.

2. Use a cocktail stick to pierce the yolk and white in a couple of places and poach in the microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds in a 750-watt oven, or 60 seconds if you have a 650- watt oven.

3. Let the egg stand for a minute before serving.