Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

BREAKING NEWS

It has just hit the news that Hull have been charged with fielding an unregistered player at the end of January '09.

Apparently when they signed Kamil Zayatte from Young Boys for £2.5M on 23 January this year' date=' there had been some irregularities with the transfer and he was not formerly registered when Hull drew 2-2 with West Brom.

West Brom have been awarded 3 points for that game instead of 1 but it has made no difference to them, they are still relegated.

However Hull have been stripped of their point, which puts them on the same points as Newcastle but with a poorer goal difference.

Newcastle have complained immediately and if their claim is upheld, Hull will be relegated retrospectively and the Toon will stay up!

Carlsberg don't do e-mails for delusional Geordies, but if they did, they would probably be the best e-mails in the world...[/quote']

ah so thats your manager and mine thats been linked with it.

its alright, if you go on paddypower.com you'll see you can put a 500/1 bet on the pope becoming celtic manager, and i kid you not.

New kit was released today! and its a cracker!

kit.jpg

Problem is that Martinez has links in Scotland, and he's also been linked with Wigan who he had a long playing career with, since Steve Bruce looks like he's off to Sunderland. So if not Celtic he may go to Wigan :neutral:

I hope Martinez stays, he's been awesome for us. Two seasons in management: the first League One Champions, the second 8th place in the Championship, just missing out on the play-offs. If he stays we'll surely be high on the list for promotion 8-) Plus I figure he can go to bigger clubs further on in his career, he's still in his 30s.

Aye Martinez played for us around 2001, not a bad player to be honest.

McGhee will be away to aberdeen i suspect, and then god knows who we'll have,

Curently, the celtic, aberdeen and hibs jobs are all vacant..

but dont be surprised to see the motherwell and falkirk ones going vacant soon too

Haha, Matty. :lol:

Everyone is "looking at it". Martinez, along with Moyes, are probably not going to take the job. Celtic are only dancing around to prospect so that it'll look as though they actually tried to get a 'big name' but couldn't. In steps Mark McGee. I wouldn't be surprised if the Martinez approach was just a ploy to make fans accept Mark McGee more readily.

I say Mark McGee, it could be Tony Mowbray. I'm convinced it'll be either of those two, but what do I know?

They're making a pretty big deal over Martinez down here, it's on the front page of the evening paper :shifty: and Martinez has said he'd be interested in the job. I think he may take it, because he wanted Jordi Gomez (who we had on loan all last season and scored like 14 goals from midfield) permanently at Swansea, but we can't afford Espanyol's valuation (£1.7m) him and Celtic had put a bid in for him. Kind of stupid reason I know, but more money would be available at Celtic.

I do think it'd be better for Martinez to stay at Swansea though, cause he's gonna get bigger jobs thrown his way in the future anyway 8-)

The reason (aside from extremely bigoted fans) Strachan left was because there would be no transfer kitty and all funds for transfers would have to be raised by selling players. The same reason Coyle knocked it back.

It's amusing how they were crying out for someone "Celtic-minded" and they all seem to want Martinez despite no obvious connection to Celtic or the Republic of Ireland or Roman Catholicism in general. Is he Roman Catholic?

The reason (aside from extremely bigoted fans) Strachan left was because there would be no transfer kitty and all funds for transfers would have to be raised by selling players. The same reason Coyle knocked it back.

It's amusing how they were crying out for someone "Celtic-minded" and they all seem to want Martinez despite no obvious connection to Celtic or the Republic of Ireland or Roman Catholicism in general. Is he Roman Catholic?

He's Spanish. :shifty: That's all I know :P

Apparently he has a Scottish girlfriend and he played in Scotland so... he has a "national connection" but nothing more.