iTunes help???

allweknowisRIOT

so i have all these iTunes icons on my desktop and i wanted to get them all off, so i tried moving them all into a folder.

that didnt work, becuz THEN i had to reinstall iTunes. so i tried deleting the old folder with all the other iTunes files in them, and now it wont go away becuz "I need permission to move this folder."

can someone help me?! i need these iTunes icons and folder off!!! their driving me crazy!! :willy_nilly: xD

Turn off your computer.

Turn it back on again rapidly hitting the F8 key.

Black and white screen will come up asking you if you want to long-in in Safe Mode.

Go for it and at the user select screen, the administrator account should now be visible and accessible.

Failing that, don't use wank software like iTunes. ;-)

so i have all these iTunes icons on my desktop and i wanted to get them all off, so i tried moving them all into a folder.

that didnt work, becuz THEN i had to reinstall iTunes. so i tried deleting the old folder with all the other iTunes files in them, and now it wont go away becuz "I need permission to move this folder."

can someone help me?! i need these iTunes icons and folder off!!! their driving me crazy!! :willy_nilly: xD

Time to get technical...

How did you have multiple iTunes icons? Usually when it updates or something, it over-writes all files including the one desktop icon.

Also when you "reinstalled" did you uninstall the program first?

Time to get technical...

How did you have multiple iTunes icons? Usually when it updates or something, it over-writes all files including the one desktop icon.

Also when you "reinstalled" did you uninstall the program first?

it dont overwrite anything. and i didnt uninstall it. when i clicked on it to see if it would work, it just said "Reinstalling", so i assumed it did that by itself.

it dont overwrite anything. and i didnt uninstall it. when i clicked on it to see if it would work, it just said "Reinstalling", so i assumed it did that by itself.

Hmm... strange.

I'd say uninstall it (go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs> choose iTunes and Uninstall) once it's done, restart your PC. That should get rid of iTunes then. And if you wanna use iTunes again, just install it again afterwards.

• Like 1