I've always wondered...

Here:

Over the following years, Paramore performed at venues outside the greater Nashville area, including the concert festivals Purple Door and Warped Tour. John Janick, CEO and co-founder of the music label Fueled by Ramen, got a hold of Paramore's demos and went to a Taste of Chaos performance in Orlando, Florida to see the band perform live. After a smaller private performance at a warehouse, the band was signed to the label in April 2005.[13]

This is from paramore.net

They played their first show in Nashville, and were soon building a local fanbase. After just a few months of gigging, the band had their first big break in early 2005, when Fueled By Ramen founder John Janick saw them at a gig in Florida. He was instantly struck by their presence and their dedication, and he immediately signed the band to the label. As Hayley says, “Fueled By Ramen has been amazing to us. So many kids started checking us out because our name is on their roster. It’s like a big family; we all share such a massive unit of fans.”

I'm pretty sure that Taste of Chaos thing is wrong. Actually, I'm 99% sure it is because:

I just bought the Taste of Chaos 2005 DVD. '05 was the first year, and it was Underoath, KSE, MCR, The USed etc on main stage, and then they had an acoustic stage. The only to play on that would be in the hometown of that show (or homestate) and of course, you had to play acoustic....Unless I'm totally wrong and they are from FLA and whatnot.