Children Of Bodom

the1

Class band!! Alexi and Roope absolutely kick ass at guitar and their DVD is possibly one of the best a band has released! Strangely I actually bought that on impulse 2 years ago and got really into them...

Anyway:

Most of you won't like it, but I find it very accessible and good to pump you up!!

Hah, didn't think this band would come up here. :D But anyway, I got into them a couple of years ago when I got their album Hatecrew Deathroll. I learned some of their stuff with the guitar, and I think Alexi has some unique compositional skills that bring this band above the rest. Great catch!

Try this for some of their more recent/accessible material

And this for the technical fireworks

lol I didn't think anyone would like them here either!! But my first loves were Pantera and Metallica so I've always like decent metal...

Alexi's guitar skills are insanse. I'm gonna try and learn a load of Hate Crew Deathroll stuff in the Summer. Along with more Protest The Hero.

Bodom Beach Terror has some amazing riffs

As if it wasn't enough already, you are now bringing up Protest The Hero :D

I'm just in the process of learning Bloodmeat and Blindfolds Aside. Wicked stuff. My eyes can barely keep up with my fingers. It's like the musical equivalent of ADHD.

But yeah, Sixpounder is kind of fun to play, and not too hard, except for that solo, which I still can't play properly. That's the only song I learned from that album.

I've just learned riffs here and there. So mainly The Dissentiance, Sequioa Throne, the end of Palms Read is awesome!

The stuff on Hate Crew is so complex that I literally couldn't be bothered to learn it at first lol. But I figured I'm at the stage where I can play most things if I focus, so I might as well try!

avril.jpg