MTV Unplugged

I found something like this, this is from buzznet, somebody is writing about Paramore on MTV:

"So we're let in and I almost get hit in the face by the elevator doors and then we're taken to Level C, where everything was being filmed. There we were met with another line but this was THE line, where people were being let into the studio and stuff. A few more minutes of waiting and then we got inside. As they were seating people, one of the crew ladies pulled me and my cousin off the line and took us to the very front. YES THE FRONT. I guess its 'cause we're somewhat short and won't really block anyone's view. But who cares, I mean WE WERE AT THE FREAKING FRONT. We got to sit on these floor pillows and had an almost perfect view of where the band would be standing/sitting. As we sat down the two other girls (well mainly one) said to us HOW AWESOME IS THIS? By then, I was experiencing a mini freakout, jaw open, eyes wide and everything. I was sitting on the floor in the very front, right next to the speakers, where I would have an excellent view of Paramore. I sat on Taylor's side, which was stage left. There actually wasn't even a stage. There was just this strip of floor marked off by duct tape and barricaded by the floor speakers where they would be standing. There were mini lightbulbs on the ground that looked really cool, kinda like small paper lanterns, blue, red and purple lights and a smoke machine that made it look so small and intimate. I was expecting like a semi-large arena, like when The Eagles played Unplugged or Nirvana. But that's an entirely different situation. So we're sitting, we're waiting, we're talking to all the crew, sound tech and film crew alike. There was this one lady that was sort of like the director and she was instructing us on proper clapping techniques, like "light" applause and applause like "you've just heard the best news of your life." I was silenced into shock when she said "A few more minutes guys and we'll bring out the band. And then, they were brought out and I saw Josh first and everything was just so surreal. This was my first time ever seeing Paramore live. Hayley was wearing a really cute black dress with this metallic belt and these totally awesome pink and black shoes. She's ever more beautiful in person. Her hair is like really bright orange now, as she just dyed it recently. Some girl was like I LIKE YOUR SHOES and she was like "Yeah? Thanks, I just got them today!" I remember Taylor walking up to his stool and I was just staring in awe. He was wearing a red beanie. :D They began the set with a new song "Ignorance."

Their set in order:

Ignorance

That's What You Get

Misery Business

Brick By Boring Brick

Decode

My Heart

They played 'Ignorance' and those of us who knew it sang along, others just rocked out in their seats. After that song finished, they began having technical difficulties and couldn't start the next song for like 15 minutes. It was totally cool though, Hayley started talking to us and stuff while Josh, who was having problems with his guitar, and a sound tech dude named Scott were trying to figure out what to do. It was so funny though, Josh kept making silly faces and saying silly things to get the audience to laugh. This wasn't like a regular concert, it was a taping so we had to clap at a certain time and pace and if the guys wanted to do a song over, they could. They messed up a few times, or rather Hayley did when she forgot the words to 'Decode'. Taylor was also having problems with his guitar, as it would suddenly become really loud (I assume in his in-ears cuz it sounded perfectly fine to us)

They played "Brick By Boring Brick" which is a song off their new record, and let me tell you, IT IS AWESOME. Foreals.

Hayley was talking to us about this song and she said how people on LiveJournal said that the lyrics sounded like a Taylor Swift song and she was like WUT. THEY DO NOT. TAKE IT BACK OR I WILL TAKE BACK THESE LYRICS. Hahaha. The first line goes "She lives in a fairytale..." so I guess I can see where people would make that connection. Then she goes "So this is Love Story" (JK, JK) First, they played the outro for us, because it has this part where they wanted us to sing along with them but it was rather difficult to catch. Then they started playing and got as far as the bridge when Taylor tapped Hayley on the shoulder and said "I know what's wrong, I left my tuner on..." So they stopped playing and fixed what needed to be fixed. So far, this is one of my new favorite Paramore songs.

I remember that Josh was like "Why do we have so many problems? Were there this many problems during Nirvana's Unplugged?" And then he started playing the intro to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' and I kind of freaked.

I remember people welcoming Taylor (ILY) to the band and during That's What You Get during his mini rhythm solo were Hayley would usually say "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, TAYLOR YORK" instead she said "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PLEASE WELCOME TAYLOR YORK, OUR NEWEST MEMBER" and everyone screamed and cheered.

After they finished their set, which did not originally included 'My Heart', people started shouting out songs for them to play. The director lady told them they could redo any song they wanted, just in case they were dissatisfied with anything. So they decided to redo 'Ignorance' and at the end Hayley was like "Hey, that sounded even better the second time."

So people en masse started yelling out FRANKLIN, FRANKLIN, PLAY FRANKLIN but Josh and Taylor couldn't remember the chords. Then Josh started playing Take Me Back as he was trying to remember. They didn't perform that song though :/ Everyone was requesting songs off of AWKIF but I guess they didn't really wanna play any. Also they didn't play Franklin because Josh didn't wanna sing the chorus=lame. So then he was like "OH HEY but I know 'My Heart'!" And of course everyone was like OMGYESOMG. Haha, Zac asked Josh "Are you gonna scream?" and Josh goes "NO, I'm not gonna scream!" And everyone was like WUT NO, SCREAM JOSH, SCREAM and he goes "Pfft, you guys scream!" It was awesome.

Then at the end, Jeremy threw his pick and IT LANDED ALMOST DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME but the other girl I was sharing the pillow with dove for it and greedily snatched it up :( THEN, Taylor gave his pick away and so did Josh and Hayley gave out the set lists but this was all to the people who were on stage right."

Pics are in photography.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats long i dont feel like reading the whole thing lmao

but i was there! i had the best seat ever!

actually a few people from PF were there

(chriss, dan, me, and jedd)

it was awesome

good times.

brick by boring brick is amazing

it felt like we were all just hanging out with paramore.

I hate you. Just because you live in America. You have too much opportunities to see them. I don't. Urgh.

I WANT TO SEE THEM!

If I would live in America, I would be on every Paramore's performance.

hahaha yeah its awesome getting to see them alot.

OMG! haha i read some of that and now i remember how brick by boring brick goes. haha

i couldnt remember for the life of me but now i do

the actual song

i think wont be released until the album comes out

and i dont think it will be an album like nirvana's but im not 100% sure.

but this will air mid-september online and on video rotations on like mtv2 and mtvhits

i just looked up nirvana's there were less people than that and the crowd was only in front of the band it didnt go all the way around like that. and the crowd was closer to paramore like litterally right next to them haha. it was so awesome

I just read all of that and its pretty damn accurate. The show was awesome.

hahaha yeah its awesome getting to see them alot.

OMG! haha i read some of that and now i remember how brick by boring brick goes. haha

i couldnt remember for the life of me but now i do

lol kinda catchy isnt it? I can't wait for the cd to come out.

oh well yah haha

i thought u were saying u can understand with what that guy in that article i posted said i was about to be like "ummmm thhaankss asshole" lmao

lmao no.

that guy was a dick. he didn't even like paramore and he was there? lame....

yeah its so dumb. whatever i hate people

same here.

i've been annoyed by so many people lately. lol

anyways.........

This is what i wrote about the mtv unplugged, it's nowhere near as detailed as that girl's (or guys'?) because I didn't want it to get boring:

When we got to the building, it wasn’t organized at all. They gave us some release form to sign and then around 2:40ish.. we got in “line” (if you want to call it a line)

It was so unorganized.

When we finally got in, we waited for about 10minutes? maybe longer.

Then out of nowhere Taylor York walks past us haha. He was extremely excited. He walked past us twice actually.

We finally got inside and they were arranging everybody by the color of their clothes. I ended up switching seats with people because they wanted to sit together.

Ryan Russell and Chad Gilbert were also there watching from the back.

They made us record a fake applause for a few minutes. It was weird. lol

Setlist:

1) Ignorance

2) That’s What You Get

3) Misery Business

4) Brick by Boring Brick (played for the first time.. also the whole band’s fav song)

5) Decode

6) My Heart

Josh had some guitar problems. His guitar amp/monitor wasn’t working. It took so long to fix the problem. It happened multiple times. Also Taylor’s guitar was super loud.. even Taylor thought so.

They sounded amazing, as usual. Hayley’s voice was a little hoarse, but it wasn’t bad at all.

It was also the first time they played Brick By Boring Brick in front of a live audience. Hayley said it’s the band’s favorite song on the album.. and I have to tell you, it’s pretty amazing.

During Decode, Hayley forgot the lyrics in the beginning. It was funny, Josh goes “Did Nirvana mess up this much!?”

When they were finished, everybody kept requesting them to play another song..

Songs that were named were: Conspiracy, My Heart, Franklin, Take Me Back

They ended up playing My Heart. It was amazing.

I really wanted to hear Hallelujah or Franklin also, but that’s okay.

When they were leaving, I thought to myself that I might not meet them afterwards.. so I gave Jeremy my Final Riot! DVD and a silver sharpie then he signed it and gave it to Zac, Taylor, Josh, and then Hayley.

GetAttachment.jpg

It would have been nice to spend more time with them.. oh well, they pretty much rushed the whole band out.

Once the band was out… the people who worked for MTV went up to certain people and took their phones/cameras away.

MTV somehow found everybody’s twitter posts about the show and made them delete the photos/videos from their phones and cameras.

They wouldn’t let us leave for awhile..

I read that a few people were banned from any future MTV shows because of this.

But in the end, it was an amazing day.

Best birthday ever.

Dan and I would've gladly taken that guy and his friends' seats up front. Is he an MTV intern? He does realise that he can get fired for writing crap like that, right?

Yeah, after that, I have a whole different view of MTV. I had a great time, don't get me wrong, and I'm glad they decided to bring back Unplugged somehow, but wow!

PS - I want to hear Brick By Boring Brick again. When they were asked if they wanted to redo any songs, we should've all just asked them to do that again. lol "But you might be able to make it sound even more amazing if you played it again! Please?"

Yeah, after that, I have a whole different view of MTV. I had a great time, don't get me wrong, and I'm glad they decided to bring back Unplugged somehow, but wow!

exactly.

how unprofessional were they?

They could have handled the situation A LOT better